+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, LanSchool with XenDesktop in Technical; Has anybody installed LanSchool in a Citrix XenDesktop environment? I'm looking at room control software - we are running Wyse ...
    Thank Post

LanSchool with XenDesktop

Has anybody installed LanSchool in a Citrix XenDesktop environment? I'm looking at room control software - we are running Wyse Zenith terminals here, and use XenDesktop to provide the OS to 6 IT Suites. The installation instructions don't specifically mention Xen, and I'm not sure which method might work.. I'm hoping that the software will read the endpoint name, rather than the VM's computer name, and have been advised that it can do this (it's all rather pointless otherwise as, obviously, any given VM could be in any IT Suite).. Anybody any experience with this?

Thank Post
    I've not tried it myself, but why not sign up for a 30 day free trial and try it for yourself? LanSchool | Trial Version

Thank Post
    I have - but as I said, there are no specific instructions for installation in a XenDesktop environment, so I can't get past that yet.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    I have - but as I said, there are no specific instructions for installation in a XenDesktop environment, so I can't get past that yet.
    Give ITS a call who are the UK distributors, they will be more than happy to help you.

ITS - Info Technology Supply Ltd, Onelog, ITS:IrisCD, MyPC, R& R, Resource booking, Mirtrak, PaperCut NG, PaperCut MF LanSchool, Faronics Deep Freeze, Faronics Power Save, Faronics Anti Virus, Pharos Uniprint - Essential IT solutions for Education, P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    Has anybody installed LanSchool in a Citrix XenDesktop environment? I'm looking at room control software - we are running Wyse Zenith terminals here, and use XenDesktop to provide the OS to 6 IT Suites. The installation instructions don't specifically mention Xen, and I'm not sure which method might work.. I'm hoping that the software will read the endpoint name, rather than the VM's computer name, and have been advised that it can do this (it's all rather pointless otherwise as, obviously, any given VM could be in any IT Suite).. Anybody any experience with this?
    Hi Abaddon,

One of our clients use it under Citrix, but as you say it then picks up the VM name not the host machine. I'm about to investigate using the Citrix utility "pushclientname.exe" to retreive the host PC name which we can then use in a script to set channels etc. I have done the same thing previously for setting printers based on the host PC name/OU in active directory etc.

Cheers
    Dan

6. Thanks to Daniel996 from:

Abaddon (26th August 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread