+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Netsupport School - Desktop Background loss on connection in Technical; We have installed Net Support School on PC at our school. The configurations look to be doing the job and ...

Thank Post

Netsupport School - Desktop Background loss on connection

We have installed Net Support School on PC at our school. The configurations look to be doing the job and connections can be made to client PCs from the Tutor console without any delay and control is working fine.

The problem is:
    When the Tutor selects the Client PC by double clicking the PC icon to which a user is logged onto, the Viewing window opens as required.

BUT: The clients desktop background then is replaced by a complete black backround. The background can only be restored to the client's desktop if the Tutor connection is disconnected and the client logs off and logs back on to the network.

This makes it obvious that to the client that they are being watched, and in an enviroment where student need to be unaware of any control, this problem is defeating the purpose of being able to monitor student's usage of the PCs.

Can anyone suggest how to proceed in making sure that the client's desktop background maintains it's appearance during connection and after disconnection?

thanks

Steve

Thank Post
    Steve, you can configure this in the Tutor.

If you go to View->Current Settings from the main menu then under Remote Control->View there is a tick box for Wallpaper. If you tick this then the wallpaper isn't removed when the student is viewed.

Regards
    Rob

Thank Post
    Thanks Rob,

Your solution has fixed the problem. We'd not had this problem with other installs of Netsupport and was concerned that the fix would have been something major - but glad that on this occasion that was something straight foward on the View options.

ta,

Steve

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teabag View Post
    Thanks Rob,

Your solution has fixed the problem. We'd not had this problem with other installs of Netsupport and was concerned that the fix would have been something major - but glad that on this occasion that was something straight foward on the View options.

ta,

Steve
    I havn't used net support but removing the wallpaper for VNC connections (which i presume net support use in some way) is a pretty standard feature as it means the screen doesn't quite take as long to load.

Toby

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    I havn't used net support but removing the wallpaper for VNC connections (which i presume net support use in some way) is a pretty standard feature as it means the screen doesn't quite take as long to load.

Toby
    We don't use VNC but you're right, displaying the wallpaper is a trade off as the initial connection/view can take a little longer.

Rob

Thank Post
    I have a problem and was wandering if anyone can help me

Basically I Downloaded and Installed the trial version of netsupport school 10.70 and the issue is when i try to control students from the tutor console i get this message " License Exceeded " how can i fix this issue and is the a way to reset netsupport school to how it was when i first downloaded it

any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

johny

Thank Post
    Johny, how many student machines are you trying to connect to? Also, have you had an install of NetSupport School on the machines before?

The License Exceeded is displayed when you are trying to connect to more machines than you have a license for. The trial version supports up to 40 student machines.

Rob

Thank Post
    I brought a License i was just testing without the license , on 1 pc.
    My actual license is meant to be unlimited my license says 0 clients
    does 0 mean unlimited ?
    And i've also tried this with my unlimited license but i still get the same problem.

PS : i used to have NSS 9 now I have upgraded to 10.70 .
    Last edited by johny12; 4th July 2011 at 07:59 PM.

Thank Post
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    very good support netsupport thumbs up

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread