+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Fujitsu Eternus DX80 in Technical; Hi all, Anybody have any experience of the Fujitsu Eternus DX60s or 80s? The reason I ask is that we ...

Thank Post

Fujitsu Eternus DX80

Hi all,

Anybody have any experience of the Fujitsu Eternus DX60s or 80s?

The reason I ask is that we have taken delivery of 2 DX80s and 1 DX60, but as soon as they are switched on the fault light comes on. I can't connect to the GUI or telnet onto them. When pinging any of them (crossover cable direct to laptop, have tried different laptop), it'll ping for 15 seconds or so before the controller card appears to reset itself, 'request timed out' for about 3 minutes then ping for 15 seconds, and so on!

Anybody else had this problem?

Cheers

nick

Thank Post
    Have now figured this out for anybody else who has the same problem. Our reseller appears to have swapped drives around in the chassis, THIS IS A MASSIVE NO-NO! Drives#0 and #1 are system disks which contain the firmware. If they are moved the Eternus is just a big box. Fujitsu have been great and have sent me instructions on how to rectify the situation, I am now halfway through the lengthy process and things are looking good again.

Regards

Nick

Thank Post
    Just an update, our reseller is not to blame on this, apparently they never saw the units as they were shipped direct to us! So Fujitsu look like they've might have been telling porkies, or someone for a laugh has just arbitrarily swapped drives somewhere along the line!! who knows, anyway they're working now!

Cheers

Manick

Thank Post
    I've never quite understood why some manufacturers choose to put their device's firmware onto hard disks. To me it seems rather inconvenient when something happens like in your case or in the case of the Buffalo Terastation - when one decides to up the capacity by swapping out all hard disks in one go (and finding it won't work as the firmware is stored on the first disk) instead of swapping one disk at a time while rebuilding the array for each disk swap, which will work but is very time consuming.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread