+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Italc in Technical; Originally Posted by Geoff Change the port. How though? I'm still having a problem getting iTALC's port to change....
    Thank Post

Re: Italc

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    Change the port.
    How though? I'm still having a problem getting iTALC's port to change.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

You can add a string-value named "ivsport" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/iTALC Solutions/iTALC/parameters/.

You can do the same for "isdport" (default 5800) although you probably won't need this.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    You can add a string-value named "ivsport" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/iTALC Solutions/iTALC/parameters/.

You can do the same for "isdport" (default 5800) although you probably won't need this.
    Thanks! That worked. The port number is changed. I do however get an error message on startup saying that another instance of VNC is running. Possible to make this error not pop up? I don't know if its possible to run two instances of vnc on one box.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

No idea, sorry. I disabled VNC when I installed iTALC.

Thank Post

There were some posts on the UltraVNC forums about using a -multi to disable the error message. However, from what I have been reading that switch cannot be used when running VNC as a service.

Thank Post

Key issues and more

I have tried to intall italc on two pc's in my lab of 30. Installation goes fine, but then I cannot connect to the client pc. I get an error about some is trying to contact the pc but could not authenticate.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall without success. Then I added a port on the exceptions firewall in xp. Now I cannot key the keys to match.

Very frustrating, looks like a good product if anyone can point me in the right direction to try to resolve problems, I am close to giving up or open to suggestions for other similar software.

Lab - all wireless, DCHP, pc's with xp professional.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aarri5 View Post
    I have tried to intall italc on two pc's in my lab of 30. Installation goes fine, but then I cannot connect to the client pc. I get an error about some is trying to contact the pc but could not authenticate.
    iTALC uses proper public/private key encryption and authentication - you'll have a good secure connection between the teacher's machine and each client PC, but you need to make sure the correct key file is installed on each client to let the server connect. I use something like the following script to install iTALC clients:

\\acsfiles001\software\iTALC\1.0.3\dfmirage-setup-1.1.68.2.exe /sp- /silent /norestart', '\\ACSFILES001\software\iTALC\1.0.3

\\acsfiles001\software\iTALC\1.0.3\italc\setup.exe \\acsfiles001\software\iTALC\1.0.3\installsettings .xml', '\\ACSFILES001\software\iTALC\1.0.3\italc'

'xcopy.exe /E /I /Y \\acsfiles001\software\iTALC\1.0.3\keys "C:\Program Files\iTALC\keys"', 'C:\WINDOWS\system32'

I seem to remember the installsettings.xml file was generated by the first client install (you have to select a "save settings" option at the end if the install wizard).

--
    David Hicks

8. Thanks to dhicks from:

aarri5 (4th February 2008)

Thank Post
    Does anyone else find that if you lock a desktop then full view it, it unlocks the desktop. Also if you lock in fullview it doesnt lock the desktop, only the mouse so user can still use the keyboard. Is it suppose to work that way?

Thank Post
    Hello,

i have the following installation:

iTalc-Master 1.013 on Linux Mint 13 (Ubuntu 12.04)
    iTalc-client 1.013 on 14 Linux Mint 13 (Ubuntu 12.04) computers

This installation works FINE.

Now we need a Win7 64bit machine as a second Admin-Computer. iTalc 1.013 exists only as 32bit. I would need to install iTalc 2.01 64 bit. I can install it on Win7 but it is incompatibel with iTalc 1.013 on Linux.

So I tried installing italc 2 on the Linux machines - with no success. I got the debs from ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/apps and it does install, but I never get it working, neither with key files nor with ACL login credentials. When I run the credentials Test in the Management Console (IMC) it says it works, but starting italc-master it complains that the credentials are wrong. I tried everything imaginable, following two different manuals i found online, but NO sucess. Even when I generate new keys on the Master-machine, I am told that they are not correct. But I have given access rights to the keys just as I did with iTalc 1.013 before...

PLEASE, does anybody have experience how to install successfully iTalc 2.01 on Ubuntu 12.04 (or Mint 13, which is basically the same). It is a bit urgent and I am stuck...

Thank you so much in advance.
    Greetings from Africa,
    Martin
    Last edited by nyukuri; 31st May 2014 at 05:20 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234