+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, cc4 user policies in Technical; i've recently got a new job managing a cc4 network, my first ICT technician job. i'm quite fussy when it ...

Thank Post

cc4 user policies

i've recently got a new job managing a cc4 network, my first ICT technician job. i'm quite fussy when it comes to its management and theres a few things i want to be able to do and can't figure out!

i've used the user policies along with computer policies to set things up as i would like more of less.

i was wondering how you can define what programs are pinned to the start menu for all users. i currently have internet explorer and email but would like to remove and add to these.

secondly, is there a way to default my documents shortcut to c:/documents and settings/username/my documents when a network connection isn't present? this is mainly for staff who want to take laptops home. leading on from that, is it possible to sync the changed contents in this folder (local my documents) to their network drive?

thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Regarding using laptops off the network: If you have access to the RM KB then take a look at DWN1299990 which explains it all. If not give me a shout and I can talk you through it.

3. Thanks to sparkeh from:

mrtechnician (8th April 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just one hint - don't go near Adobe Reader, it really hates offline files unless the new versions are any better. Good excuse to replace with Foxit though

As for pinning items to start menu, I don't recall that being an option but I could very well be wrong.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    As for pinning items to start menu, I don't recall that being an option but I could very well be wrong.
    Been thinking about this myself. You can't do this via RMMC and you don't have GPPs to help either.

Thank Post
    If you can track down a registry fragment you can add it to the registry policy for the users.

Thank Post
    i give up on the pinning things to the start menu idea. it wasn't really worth looking into in great detail. i don't seem to have the tim anyway! but thanks for your replies.

in regards to the offline use, it's all up and working to a degree. staff can use their laptops at home, but it worries me that they have to manually cut and paste work they have done at home into their network area. some users can't seem to get their head round it. any ideas if i could sync the offliine local folder when they reconnect to the network?

Thank Post
    Users can make their N: drive (or just certain folders) available offline. Once this is set up their laptops will synchronise when they log on/off the network.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread