+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Help please - CC3 network + vmware in Technical; Last week I have update to newest version of Vmware esx, it is now 4.1. We have 3 DC running ...
    Thank Post

Help please - CC3 network + vmware

Last week I have update to newest version of Vmware esx, it is now 4.1. We have 3 DC running CC3. Upgrade went fine, last week (half term) no problems there.

Yesterday the server where all pupils are stored have very high CPU usage, in task manager shows only as system, it can go to 90%. It slows down login process for pupils, really badly. Only this server is affected, other server is for teaching staff and no problem there.
    Just to test it I have uninstalled vmware tools and restart it, just to check if it was that. But running without did not improve much. Today was fine till period 2 and it went again - so it is really spiking up when users are logging in.
    Event log does not show any major errors.
    Can't figure it out, bit lost here.

Does any one have ideas what could go wrong?

Thank Post
    doesn't look like problem with vmware, have you got something else running like AV software that can hike up resources. I'd check task manager and see what's running on your student server, compare it with the teacher server and see if you spot something running, I noticed when we ran CC3 that it was quite heavy on the servers and the desktops and we never did get to the bottom of why.

Hope this helps.

Thank Post
    I think this is related to vmware, noticed if I disable the network card is coming to almost 0, main problem arise when students login , so begging and end of periods. Happens after vmware tools upgrade, nothing else was changed.

Thank Post
    OK, problem solved. It was problem with vmware, some time update of vmware tools does not go as it should, vmware is aware that it happens, from time to time. In the end I used standalone vmware converter and cloned this virtual machine. And this replaced old one, work without any issue

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread