Network and Classroom Management Thread, iTalc - Remote Logon an entire Class??? in Technical; Hi everyone, have a query and hoping someone may be able to help/offer suggestions.
I have installed the open-source iTalc ...
Hi everyone, have a query and hoping someone may be able to help/offer suggestions.
I have installed the open-source iTalc in my Computer Lab.
- allows me to see all computers in lab in thumbnail view,
- allows me to pull up and put on IWB screen any computer in lab - great for modelling work etc
- allows my "modelling lesson to appear on every screen in lab as well as on IWB if i want to
- allows me to "lock" (ie disable) input devices from all computers so no one is distracted and fiddling
- and at end of lesson / day allows me to SHUT DOWN entire lab via iTalc "master " ...... but ........ here is my query ....
Q: I would love to be able to log on my entire lab using the Remote Log on feature in italc. The Lower school teachers (who use a generic username for their classes would love to be able to do this - instead of having to log on each workstation manually ...... but at moment I cannot seem to get this feature to work. Is anyone able to successfuly use this Remote Log feature on iTalc "master" to log on all computers in their lab/classroom. Is there some trick to it?
When I try doing this, I enter the username, the password and the domain - but what else do i need to do?? have spent hours trying to figure this - and am seeking ideas from anyone who has had success with this feature.
I have been using iTalk for about a year now and it seemed to work straight out of the box. I haven't had an issue remote logging on an entire room however I have experienced issues when trying to use the support feature. THis is a great piece of software but it does have a few glitches still. However, at that price tag I think I can deal with them!
I have the same issue and putting in the MAC Address has not helped the issue. I have to restart the icas service with psservice to the computers and then they might log in. I have to continue to restart the service until all computers are logged in.