+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Support Providers in Technical; Looking at the nature of our support calls to RM, I am leaning towards the idea of finding a company ...
    Thank Post
    Looking at the nature of our support calls to RM, I am leaning towards the idea of finding a company who can offer decent consultancy and services with regards to large upgrades (Server 2008, Server 2012, wireless deployment, etc), and then just pay them per incident for any support issues which go beyond our in-house expertise. I don't think the school management would be entirely happy with a support model that says "when we're stuck, we'll post on EduGeek", so a phone number to call would be useful as a backup!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Looking at the nature of our support calls to RM, I am leaning towards the idea of finding a company who can offer decent consultancy and services with regards to large upgrades (Server 2008, Server 2012, wireless deployment, etc), and then just pay them per incident for any support issues which go beyond our in-house expertise. I don't think the school management would be entirely happy with a support model that says "when we're stuck, we'll post on EduGeek", so a phone number to call would be useful as a backup!
    The problem with that model is that any company with an office and staff to pay that wants to stay in business will want some kind of contract ... If you think about it they cant just sit about waiting for the odd support call to come in .. theres bills to pay wether or not the phone rings ... They will make some on the consultancy of course but not enough to keep going ..
    Most companies will pay the bills from the support contracts that they have signed up ....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brpilot99 View Post
    The problem with that model is that any company with an office and staff to pay that wants to stay in business will want some kind of contract ... If you think about it they cant just sit about waiting for the odd support call to come in
    You might think that, but a lot of companies do offer pay-per-incident support.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12