+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Cost of Impero? in Technical; Hey all, We've been trialing Impero v3 over the past 2 months and have been very happy with it. In ...

Thank Post

Cost of Impero?

Hey all,

We've been trialing Impero v3 over the past 2 months and have been very happy with it. In fact it's been so good we're looking to replace Ranger for Networks and Ranger Remote with some help from Win2k8 Group Policies and Impero.

Just wondering what you was quoted? I've been quoted 8 per workstation yet it's been brought to my attention that it's 5~$8 on their website and prices reduce the more you purchase.

Thanks!

2. Thanks to techyphil from:

russdev (13th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    impero is not worth it. with the right combination of GPO and landesk or smartsync etc you can do the job just as well with less of a cost!!

4. Thanks to nephilim from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    never used or seen either of the products that you mention ( LAN Desk or smart sync ) - I have seen impero in comparison to ab tutor and other products and maybe this is biased but I thought Impero was brilliant

6. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I would echo mac_shinobi's comments there's alot in Impero 3.

8. 2 Thanks to robk:

mac_shinobi (20th January 2011), russdev (13th February 2012)

Thank Post
    We have V2 of Impero and it is great, easy for teachers and loads of features all in one tool. We paid about 2000 for a site license as many desktops as we like and I think off the top of my head 20 Teacher consols. We were offered an upgrade to V3 for about 1000.

10. Thanks to Ashers from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashers View Post
    We have V2 of Impero and it is great, easy for teachers and loads of features all in one tool. We paid about 2000 for a site license as many desktops as we like and I think off the top of my head 20 Teacher consols. We were offered an upgrade to V3 for about 1000.
    What sort of feature differences are there between v2 and v3 - or should I say what are the main differences ?

12. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by techyphil View Post
    Hey all,

We've been trialing Impero v3 over the past 2 months and have been very happy with it. In fact it's been so good we're looking to replace Ranger for Networks and Ranger Remote with some help from Win2k8 Group Policies and Impero.

Just wondering what you was quoted? I've been quoted 8 per workstation yet it's been brought to my attention that it's 5~$8 on their website and prices reduce the more you purchase.

Thanks!

Have you considered iTALC? I will try and persuade Kingswood to come along to demo his use at the next IT Managers' meeting.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Have you considered iTALC? I will try and persuade Kingswood to come along to demo his use at the next IT Managers' meeting.
    Give kingswood my regards and that it would be good to arrange a viewing of the new build with macs etc

15. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

Thank Post
    We have been using impero v3 for a while here and found it very good - also works on wireless laptop trolleys ok - don't think you could reproduce all the features with cheaper software. Once you have bought licences then support/software assurance is 1000 annually if you have 700 machines or less which is not bad.
    Also logs come in useful for child protection type issues - can flag keywords and take screenshots automatically.

17. Thanks to maark from:

Thank Post
    I invited a representative from Impero to our Durham Network Managers meeting today. Demo of the product looked good and he mentioned an average of 5 per machine. We are hopefully looking to but a bid together a if a few Durham schools are interested to bring the cost down. Annual support is generally 30% of the capital purchase.

19. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

Thank Post
    Indeedy, we'll I've had an interesting dialogue with a sale rep for Impero. She can't budge on the 8 per workstation * 450 machines unless we purchase today and pay in April. We're in no position to be purchasing this sooner as we've got higher priorities but consider buying after April if there's funding. I'm glad the vast majority of you are positive about the software. The teachers are very happy as it gives them more control over password resets etc and we can maintain better control over which teacher see's what classrooms. Centralised Management and AWESOME logging capabilities!

Interesting idea Sylv3r, any schools in Northamptonshire interested in purchasing?

21. Thanks to techyphil from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi Phil

Was that last bit meant for me or Sylv3r? Not too sure if anyone in Northants is interested, but I know some Northants folk have previously asked about similar tools (RM Tutor, AB Tutor Control, iTalc, etc)

23. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I invited a representative from Impero to our Durham Network Managers meeting today. Demo of the product looked good and he mentioned an average of 5 per machine. We are hopefully looking to but a bid together a if a few Durham schools are interested to bring the cost down. Annual support is generally 30% of the capital purchase.
    If that's the meeting I think it was, our Systems manager was quite impressed with the demo. So much so thathe's lokking into buying it. He also liked the idea of Smoothwall to replace our Securus box.

25. Thanks to DAZZD88 from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I was very impressed with Imperos loggign and reporting capabilities. Yes, you can do the same things as many Impero features with GPO's, but that's not the point of a network management system. The point of it is that you (and your team) can administer it all from a single interface without havign to bounce from app to app.
    I have to say Chris at BETT said same thing I said to Jon and Alex before Christmas. The product has passed Net Support and alikes and they are competing with likes of RM, Ranger and Viglan and providing a network solution. I been very impressed not only by the release but also by what plans for have for the product.

Russ

Thank Post
    In my last school we used Impero v2 it was very good, we then moved to v3 had loads of issues and I was far from impressed!

I understand that the majority of the issues have now been resolved and I personally found the team very helpful, and the original offer we got was good too.

My current school uses LanSchool, and initially I wanted to replace with Impero given the initial good experience I had, but this time the cost was prohibitive. Current school, current climate, cant afford it. So going to stick with LanSchool, and also Securus.

Not my first choice but between them they do what we need them to do.

Impero has some fantastic features, but they are only good if they are used.

28. Thanks to jayemm from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast