+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Cost of Impero? in Technical; Originally Posted by DAZZD88 If that's the meeting I think it was, our Systems manager was quite impressed with the ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    If that's the meeting I think it was, our Systems manager was quite impressed with the demo. So much so thathe's lokking into buying it. He also liked the idea of Smoothwall to replace our Securus box.
    Yep - that sounds like the same meeting. Get him to contact me regarding both and he can go in with the bids from the Durham schools to help drive the costs down for everybody. We have Smoothwall and probably will purchase Impero - if he wants to call over sometime to see our Smoothwall setup he's more than welcome.

2. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

russdev (13th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    Yep - that sounds like the same meeting. Get him to contact me regarding both and he can go in with the bids from the Durham schools to help drive the costs down for everybody. We have Smoothwall and probably will purchase Impero - if he wants to call over sometime to see our Smoothwall setup he's more than welcome.
    Fancy PM'ing your contact details and I'll pass them on.

4. Thanks to DAZZD88 from:

Thank Post
    I am looking at this now on a new network migration to Windows 7
    The system is tied down perfectly via GPO etc, but I find the reporting side in Imero very impressive.

6. Thanks to internetuser from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemm View Post
    Impero has some fantastic features, but they are only good if they are used.
    That would be the same with anything else though, you could buy an expensive car with cruise control / air con / etc etc but they would only be good if used. The cruise control might be there to use, but if as a driver you never really use cruise control then its just sitting there collecting dust

As you stated it is all down to cost and choice of which product you go with.

8. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

Thank Post
    We have been using Impero v3 for 4 months right now, and I have to say this piece of software is amazing. We are a dutch highschool and have around 350 workstations and 2200+ students. I have tried multiple setups for student control including iTalc but Impero tops them all.

We first only used it for regular student control, checking the websites they visit and as a teachers tool. But right now we use it as an simple auditing tool, MSI installation and regular helpdesk usage. For example, if you need to send all users a message that a server is rebooting we can easily do that with Impero. The price is quite fair as well imho.

The price quote was around the same as other tools, and Impero was the easiest to install and maintain.

10. Thanks to Wiebbe from:

russdev (20th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We've used Impero since V2 and it's worth every penny. It was initially expensive, and we pay £1k per year support which gives us all the upgrades.

We went to V3 when we started looking at Windows 7 a couple of years back and it was initially very broken and had lots of issues. We worked with Impero to work through all the issues and every single one of them was addressed until it worked as how we expected. Since then its only had a couple of releases so we felt that we helped build V3.

I wouldn't want to run a School network without it now, it's proved its worth 10 tens over for us.

Pete

12. 2 Thanks to FragglePete:

russdev (20th February 2012), speckytecky (16th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Has anyone gotten any recent quotes from Impero?

We are looking to purchase around 1100 client licensing and the price ended up getting quoted at $23 per license. That is nearly twice as much as the original poster quoted (and we are setting up nearly double the machines, which should drive the price down, not up).

Has there been a great increase in price?

14. Thanks to ITAdmin from:

flewitt (15th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Won't let me edit my original post on page 1 but company I work for have started using LAN Desk and am not being biased here but I would much rather use SCCM and Impero over LAN Desk any day !!!
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 8th March 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ITAdmin View Post
    Has anyone gotten any recent quotes from Impero?

We are looking to purchase around 1100 client licensing and the price ended up getting quoted at $23 per license. That is nearly twice as much as the original poster quoted (and we are setting up nearly double the machines, which should drive the price down, not up).

Has there been a great increase in price?
    USD?
    Is much more expensive than the original post ( £8= roughly $13 ) but maybe the cost is different over the sea.
    Give them a ring they are always more than helpful.

Thank Post
    No the prices have gone up it would appear.

When I first bought impero it was £3000 and £1000 per year.

When I asked for quote recently I was told £6000 plus £1800 per year and soon it will be £8000 plus £2400 per year!!!!!!!!

Thank Post

Talking

We are also trialing Impero V3. Lovely piece of software, but I myself got choked on the price tag
    USD? Is much more expensive than the original post ( £8= roughly $13 ) but maybe the cost is different over the sea.
    Give them a ring they are always more than helpful.
    You might be right there, with the Xchange rates and all.

Thank Post
    I was quoted £13 per client today for 400 clients. Bit expensive when you compare it to the likes of Lanschool which is less than half the price.

20. Thanks to reggiep from:

flewitt (15th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggiep View Post
    I was quoted £13 per client today for 400 clients. Bit expensive when you compare it to the likes of Lanschool which is less than half the price.
    I have tried to stay away from pricing discussion as that area is not my expertise however Impero is more than just classroom management (which is what LanSchool is) its also network management, e safety, print and management and there will also be launching patch management as well as other modules. As I have always said talk to your account manager when comes to pricing...

Russ

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    I have tried to stay away from pricing discussion as that area is not my expertise however Impero is more than just classroom management (which is what LanSchool is) its also network management, e safety, print and management and there will also be launching patch management as well as other modules. As I have always said talk to your account manager when comes to pricing...

Russ
    Is it not possible to purchase Impero with selected modules ie only classroom management without print management or the other modules so if someone wanted to purchase Impero they could go ok I want modules A , C and F and not the remainder of modules ??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Is it not possible to purchase Impero with selected modules ie only classroom management without print management or the other modules so if someone wanted to purchase Impero they could go ok I want modules A , C and F and not the remainder of modules ??
    It discussion we had many a times the problem is system is just too integrated and when it comes to it you either buy into philosophy of integrated solution for your whole network or you don't. Suppose same as as you buy into mac philosophy or you don't..

Russell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast