+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, LanSchool 7.5 and iPrint printer queues in Technical; Tried LanSchool 7.5 in a few classrooms, the problem is we use iPrint printer queues (With PCounter) and every time ...

Thank Post

LanSchool 7.5 and iPrint printer queues

Tried LanSchool 7.5 in a few classrooms, the problem is we use iPrint printer queues (With PCounter) and every time a print is sent to such a queue since LanSchool 7.5 the job is not submitted and the following message is written to the Windows System log:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {B1A429DB-FB06-4645-B7C0-0CC405EAD3CD}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.
    Any ideas?!

Thank Post
    I realized today that my I-Print problem is a LanSchool problem. We are getting "Document not printed" on affected machines in two labs. LanSchool was updated to the new version at the same time as new software was installed and workstations updated. I suspect LanSchool is not playing nice with a recent Windows update, Symantec Endpoint, or the software setup.

I tried a Lan School "uninstall - reboot - reinstall" just before I left work. On the two machines I tested the problem seems to have resolved itself. I'll know more when i can try the fix on additional machines.

Brian

Thank Post
    LanSchool just came out with a "FIX":

7.5.0.8, October 5th 2010
    Enhancements

 Option during install to choose the Legacy IE-only Web Limiting instead of the new Browser Independent Web Limiting.

 Browser Independent Web Limiting now only limits web traffic destined for port 80 or 443, to avoid conflicting with the network communication of other applications.

Bug Fixes
    After installing 7.5 Teacher or Students, printing through Novell iPrint would fail in some cases.

Thank Post
    Cheers for that

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread