+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RM Application Agent Not Loading in Technical; Hi There, When any of our workstations boot up we normally see the RM App Agent looking for new programs ...

Thank Post

RM Application Agent Not Loading

Hi There,

When any of our workstations boot up we normally see the RM App Agent looking for new programs etc or removing some should we ask it to. We are no longer getting the app coming up and have to manually run installrm.exe everytime, any ideas as to why it might be doing this?

Cheers
    Ben

Thank Post
    TEC1702556 might be your friend on this one if you have RM support agreement.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your help that worked Did find out that for some reason an older version of Station Upgrader was putting out older version of AutoEXNT and Desktop Components which seems to be messing things up

Thank Post
    Glad it's working. :-)

Thank Post
    Hi there, don't know if you would be able to help me, but I am having the same problem what you had about RM application agent not checking or installing packages before the logon provider is displayed, if I want to install a package, I have to manually go to start/run, then type:installrm for it to update, but it won't update when the computer has started, I always have to do it manually, please may you mind sharing with me what you did to solve the problem as I do not have a RM support contract, may you please tell me how to solve this, or can you copy the soloution on RM's website: TEC1702556 That is the link tO the soloution, but on the forum you put that you solved it, please help me as I really would appreciate this. Thankyou very much, James

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    TEC1702556 simply describes how to uninstall and re-install RM's AutoExNt package on the affected workstation. Essentially this...

Code:
    msiexec /x "Q:\Tools\AutoExNt\v2.4.0.0\RM AutoExNT.msi" /qb!
    msiexec /i "Q:\Tools\AutoExNt\v2.4.0.0\RM AutoExNT.msi" /qb!

Thank Post
    Hi there,

Unfortantely I don not have a support contract with RM, so I can not open the article, please may you mind sending me the instructions as an attachement to: james1(at)everett1.karoo.co.uk, please put the real email at

Whatever the file is, word or pdf document, or even the text would be greately appretiated,

Thanks,

J.everett
    Superaz300

Thank Post
    Hi There,

Thanks for the post on the forum, however I dont not have a RM Support Contract, so I can not access the article. Is there away you could upload it to me at my mail address and when I put my email address, you will notice that I put (at), please amy yolu put the real email (at), its, james1(at)everett1.karoo.co.uk

Please can you send it as an attachement, or if its a word or just the article is in text, can you copy and paste it and put in on the forum,

Thanks,
    James (SUPERAZ300)

Thank Post
    The solution has already been posted by Arthur.
    You just need to uninstall the AutoExNT package, then reinstall it.

If you have multiple DC's, make sure that you keep both the "packages\tools" folder syncronised with the same version of the RM pacakges otherwise the issue might reoccur when you rebuild a station.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    As BoredGuy said, it really is as easy as uninstalling and re-installing AutoExNt on the affected PC.

Thank Post

Hi

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou for all your help but unfortantely that did not work, ive even reinstalled windows on the workstation and did the rebuild, but it did not still work, do you think it is anything to do with the server? Like if the RM Packages folder was broken, or something,

Please help,

Thanks James (SUPERAZ300)

Thank Post
    Hi Guys, I think it may something to do with the server, ive looked at the RM packages that are installed on the server, ive reinstalled the rm server manager and on the workstation ive reinstalled the rm station manager, and stuff, but all it says for 2 seconds just before the logon provider comes on, in the rm application agent box it says "setting station security" somnething like that, its so fast you can not read it, please help,

Thanks,

James (SUPERAZ300)

Thank Post
    When you rebuilt the station did you use the same Station name or a different one?

Have you performed a health check on the affect stations to see if that cures it.
    Many be worth check the station ini file to see if it has been deleted or corrupt.

Thank Post
    Hi Everyone,

Its working now!

Its was all down to a RM Packages/tools corrupted folder on the server, I recopied the packages from a server backup, and then it reinsatlled some msiing packages, and worked!

Thanks fgor all your help, everyone!,

Regards,
    James

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread