+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Block internet access in Technical; Originally Posted by Jake Its instant, the moment they attempt to continue to browse , it comes up with our ...

Thank Post

Re: Block internet access

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Its instant, the moment they attempt to continue to browse , it comes up with our "your web access has been revoked" screen (there is a html file in the ISA installation which you can customise), so we have stuck our school badge and some messages on the page.
    Hi Jake

That’s the one thing I don’t seem to be able to get to work is the re-direct page, also I started to wonder if I can set a white allowed list so that they can still reach education sites like samlearning. Do you know where the re-direct page is stored?

Dean

Thank Post

Heya Dean, sure thing, at your installation directory, in our case c:\program files\ microsoft isa server, you should have a directory called Errorhtmls.

In here are some html files which ISA redirects to, we changed some of those so that it would show a customised page, if I remember correctly we changed the default.htm and 407.htm

Yeah you can set a white list, we run one here, under the toolbox in ISA we went to Network Objects, and created a new URL set called Whitelist, then we made a firewall rule allowing outbound traffic from internal to the whitelist.

Thank Post

Re-reading it , I think you mean so that the banned students can still access education sites. We havent done that, the banned students are just totally banned, but looking over ISA I should think its possible to still allow them to view specific sites.

Havent tried it, but I would think that maybe making a firewall rule which allowed banned to go internal to whitelist (rather than external), and positioning that rule above the internal to external banned rule should work?

Thank Post

It's all down to postioning. Any combination is available you just need the positioning right.

Thank Post

why dont you try lan view 3 there is a section called i am disabled and manny more apps.you can disable just drag them in the section and set the time or days they will be blocked for.......

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by callumtuckey
    why dont you try lan view 3 there is a section called i am disabled and manny more apps.you can disable just drag them in the section and set the time or days they will be blocked for.......
    In our case, because we already use an ISA server for internet management and filtering, so why use another application as well when we can do it with the ISA server we already have

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12