+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, teamviewer problem in Technical; im not sure if ive put this in the right sub forum, im using teamviewer to connect from home to ...
    Thank Post

teamviewer problem

im not sure if ive put this in the right sub forum, im using teamviewer to connect from home to a machine to do work remotely and im using it from work to connect to home, from home it works a treat.

from work i get to use it for 3 mins and a bit and then it cuts out, i cant reconnect for about another 3 mins then it again runs for about 3 mins and cuts out.

if i go to IE during this cutout period i get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when i try to go to any website, the rest of the internet from any other machine on the network is uneffected, this will fix itself when teamviwer comes back to life.

anyone use teamviewr and have any idea why this could be happening?

thanks
    Alun Jones

Thank Post
    Did you specify "Non-Commercial use" when installing the free version of Teamviewer?
    I found that if you selected one of the other options it would randomly drop the connection leaving the "Suspected Commercial Use" warning popup!

Do you have any other remote control driver software installed on the work PC?
    Products like some of the VNC derivatives, Remote Admin, PC Anywhere, AB Tutor and NetSupport all install mirror drivers and screen scraping components can install components that interfere.
    Teamviewer has a logfile which can be used to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
    Also check in the Extras, Options, Advanced settings for things that might improve your connectivity.

I love Teamviewer because it has a host only version and an iPad/iPhone app.
    I eventually paid the 900 for a premium lifetime license as it was the cheapest commercial solution I could find without breaching licensing rules.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread