+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, iTALC 1.0.10 in Technical; There's finally a new release of iTALC classroom management and monitoring software out! I tried in vain last week to ...
    Thank Post

iTALC 1.0.10

There's finally a new release of iTALC classroom management and monitoring software out!

I tried in vain last week to set this up in my computer lab. Every time that I install the master application on my teacher's computer it freezes up the mouse. When I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to task manager, it is active then... but when I start task manager and get back to regular explorer, its frozen once again. Same deal with the clients that I tested as well. I love the program and the fact that it's free, but this is obviously a deal-breaker for me. I'm running XP Pro SP3 on all machines with all the latest windows updates, and USB keyboards and USB optical mice. All client machines are Dell Optiplex 740s and the master is an HP Compaq dc7800p. All machines are on the same subnet, members of the same Windows domain, all connected to the same Dell 100Mbit managed switch.

Has anyone else encountered this with the 1.0.10 version and if so, have you been able to find a work-around for it?

In the mean time, I am putting 1.0.9 back on until this is resolved.

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I found the same. See this post:

Link: Italc 1.0.9

The same thread has suggestions as to possible iTalc alternatives.

Thank Post

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by tutech View Post
    There's finally a new release of iTALC classroom management and monitoring software out!

I tried in vain last week to set this up in my computer lab. Every time that I install the master application on my teacher's computer it freezes up the mouse. When I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to task manager, it is active then... but when I start task manager and get back to regular explorer, its frozen once again. Same deal with the clients that I tested as well. I love the program and the fact that it's free, but this is obviously a deal-breaker for me. I'm running XP Pro SP3 on all machines with all the latest windows updates, and USB keyboards and USB optical mice. All client machines are Dell Optiplex 740s and the master is an HP Compaq dc7800p. All machines are on the same subnet, members of the same Windows domain, all connected to the same Dell 100Mbit managed switch.

Has anyone else encountered this with the 1.0.10 version and if so, have you been able to find a work-around for it?

In the mean time, I am putting 1.0.9 back on until this is resolved.
    Same her dude

Thank Post
    are you sure you have the latest 1.0.10 ? i had this problem before with the original 1.0.10 he released
    Now it works fine .

Having a problem with Multiple userlogon though , If i try and logon all the machines using italc the service crashes on all the machines and so does my italc client

Thank Post
    I just looked and I see the last time the compiled version of 1.0.10 was updated on the sourceforge website was 7/28/10, and I did test out that version and it did what I described in my original post.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tutech View Post
    I just looked and I see the last time the compiled version of 1.0.10 was updated on the sourceforge website was 7/28/10, and I did test out that version and it did what I described in my original post.
    i originally had the problem of my mouse freezing when i installed the OLD version of 1.0.10 , when setting up the Keys . Only when i got to the KEY stage. This problem was on my PC's in my old Job , so i assumed it could be a update installed on the Machine ?

I have never had the teachers Software Crash , Only when trying to use the Multiple Logon Feature as Described above it gives me hassle !

Thank Post
    Don't you find that if you try and view more than 7 desktops the network dies?

I have 20 systems plus the trainers = 21 I tested this on 10 systems and when I got to 7 desktop views it killed the network...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UKAndy View Post
    Don't you find that if you try and view more than 7 desktops the network dies?

I have 20 systems plus the trainers = 21 I tested this on 10 systems and when I got to 7 desktop views it killed the network...
    I'm successfully using 1.0.9 on my one teacher computer and the 30 student computers in my computer lab without any network issues.

Thank Post
    Yes I successfully installed the app on 10 systems as a trial and all went well untill I began to view the students desktops, when I got to 6/7 the students noticed a bad lag with their systems and the mouse was slow responding, closed a few monitoring desktops down to 4 and the lag reduced.

Thank Post
    if your running the master controller on a windows xp or vista machine then you should download and run this patch
    www.LvlLord.de - Tipps, Tricks & Utilities - Tools
    This enables desktop machines to handle more than 10 connections at once

Thank Post
    Hi Jose Sorry not got back to you sooner, I've been on holiday and was then tasked with other things.

I reviewed you answer and have just gone to download the patch you gave ref to which has issues.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

I was wondering if you could advise on a solution.
    Last edited by UKAndy; 8th September 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Thank Post
    Italc 1.0.11 is now out - I think this bug is fixed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread