+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Extensive room booking system in Technical; We currently use MRBS to book IT rooms and spend considerable time in the summer break inputting the time table ...
    Thank Post

Question Extensive room booking system

We currently use MRBS to book IT rooms and spend considerable time in the summer break inputting the time table from sims. This takes time even using the repeat booking option, and causes a few complications with half terms as we use a 2 week time table. I cant find a decent solution for importing directly from sims either (if anyone has one, that would be great )

Our SMT want to move ALL rooms onto some sort of booking system. With MRBS and no way to import directly from sims this would take forever. So my question is, is there a decent solution available that would take data from sims and fill in all the timetabled sessions and allow people to book the free rooms? doesnt have to be free.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,341 Posts

Thank Post
    Plexer - The site you referenced shows version 1 in linux format. Is there a windows version? Also people on the forum referenced mention that they have version 2 installled but where do you get it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Plexer - The site you referenced shows version 1 in linux format. Is there a windows version? Also people on the forum referenced mention that they have version 2 installled but where do you get it?
    Extract the file using 7zip. It's written in php, so can be run *(I imagine) on IIS with php.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That's correct - the archive can be opened using 7zip (or WinZIP, WinRAR...). It requires a PHP version less than 5.3 and MySQL. For Windows, you can use xampp or WAMP packages which include Apache; or it might run under IIS - this hasn't been tested.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    That's correct - the archive can be opened using 7zip (or WinZIP, WinRAR...). It requires a PHP version less than 5.3 and MySQL. For Windows, you can use xampp or WAMP packages which include Apache; or it might run under IIS - this hasn't been tested.
    That looks rather good. Just poked around on the demo site. I'm guessing you know that if you set Timetable view to "One day at a time" rather than "one room at a time" it b0rks (call to undefined method - Bookings::_index_day() in bookings.php, line 73) when you click "Bookings?

Is 2.0 in a state for beta testers yet?

Thank Post
    I am planning to get this for our school. roombookingsystem.com

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes - that's a known issue. You must use it in one day at a time mode (this will be resolved in v2). Version 2 is not yet ready for general use at all. When it's ready for beta testing, I'll post a new thread on Edugeek

Thank Post
    Webman

Quote Originally Posted by amvc View Post
    We currently use MRBS to book IT rooms and spend considerable time in the summer break inputting the time table from sims. This takes time even using the repeat booking option, and causes a few complications with half terms as we use a 2 week time table. I cant find a decent solution for importing directly from sims either (if anyone has one, that would be great )

Our SMT want to move ALL rooms onto some sort of booking system. With MRBS and no way to import directly from sims this would take forever. So my question is, is there a decent solution available that would take data from sims and fill in all the timetabled sessions and allow people to book the free rooms? doesnt have to be free.

Thanks
    I didnt dream it, I'm not loosing the plot, I read it here!!! From reading the post I assumed the classroombooking system imported SIMS data.

Relieved of Doncaster

Thank Post
    As alternatives look at www.roombookingsystem.co.uk (paid for) or Free Online School Tools - Detentions, Praise Postcards & Room Booking. Free software for schools (room booking software is called Bob!!!)

Havent tried either of them yet but if YOU do please provide some feedback on here.....cheers

Thank Post

MRBS block import

Quote Originally Posted by amvc View Post

Thanks
    Have you tried the file import feature of mrbs (I assume you are running MRBS as part of Moodle?).
    Details can be found on Moodle Docs here: http://70.86.170.226/en/MRBS_block/import

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread