+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Mass Login in Technical; Hi all A teacher has just asked me if it is possible to login 33 computers in the ICT Suite ...

Thank Post

Mass Login

Hi all

A teacher has just asked me if it is possible to login 33 computers in the ICT Suite in one go from one computer. The children are only 4 years old so the staff login in for them, but doing that 33 times is a pain, so is there any software etc that will allow you to use one login username/password to login in all 33 computers while you are sat at just one computer?

Thanks

Thank Post
    how are the computer names assigned? i will have a dig around our old scripts to see if there is anything that may fit the bill

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Techie101 View Post
    Hi all

A teacher has just asked me if it is possible to login 33 computers in the ICT Suite in one go from one computer. The children are only 4 years old so the staff login in for them, but doing that 33 times is a pain, so is there any software etc that will allow you to use one login username/password to login in all 33 computers while you are sat at just one computer?

Thanks
    We use Netsupport for classroom management, this has the functionality to do what you are wanting to achieve.

4. Thanks to Iain.Faulkner from:

Techie101 (25th March 2010)

Thank Post
    The computer names are as follows -

ICTSUITE01
    ICTSUITE02
    ICTSUITE03
    ICTSUITE04
    ICTSUITE05
    etc
    etc

all the way up to ICTSUITE33

cheers

Thank Post
    The computer names are as follows -

ICTSUITE01
    ICTSUITE02
    ICTSUITE03
    ICTSUITE04
    ICTSUITE05
    etc
    etc

all the way up to ICTSUITE33

cheers
    try this,

Code:
    @echo off 
    if "%1" == "" goto end
    for /l %%i in (1,1,33) do (
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v AutoAdminLogon /t REG_SZ /d 1
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultUserName /t REG_SZ /d [Usernamehere]
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultDomainName /t REG_SZ /d %1%%i
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultPassword /t REG_SZ /d [passwordhere]
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v AutoLogonCount /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    )
    :end
    Copy this into a bat file and give it a go. Please note this isn't tested and i would test it first but is should work and only log them in once - I think not used it for a while but giver it a go and see what happens

call the batch file from cmd and give the room name i.e. ICTSUITE as an arguement

Let me know how you get on
    Last edited by sister_annex; 25th March 2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: code incorrect

Thank Post
    Hello

We use abtutor in our ICT suite and id defintly reccommend it!

It was only about £200 and that covers all computers in the suite.

Its got loads of features,

you can lock students (good feature to get attention)
    can remote control workstations
    you can send commands directly to each computer
    stop students accessing internet or any other program you desire
    you can make them all turn on in the morning (if you set up wake on lan)
    and most importantly in your case you can log them all at once or individually

Hope that helps,
    Matt

8. Thanks to mstarkie from:

Techie101 (25th March 2010)

Thank Post
    I couldn't get it to work, typed in the user name and password but where exactly to i add ICTSUITE as an arguement value? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    try this,

Code:
    @echo off 
    if "%1" == "" goto end
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v AutoAdminLogon /t REG_SZ /d 1
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultUserName /t REG_SZ /d [Usernamehere]
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultDomainName /t REG_SZ /d %1%%i
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultPassword /t REG_SZ /d [passwordhere]
    start "Addreg %%i" reg add "\\%1-%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v AutoLogonCount /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    )
    :end
    Copy this into a bat file and give it a go. Please note this isn't tested and i would test it first but is should work and only log them in once - I think not used it for a while but giver it a go and see what happens

call the batch file from cmd and give the room name i.e. ICTSUITE as an arguement

Let me know how you get on

Thank Post
    I couldn't get it to work, typed in the user name and password but where exactly to i add ICTSUITE as an arguement value? thanks
    OK,

try this
    Code:
    @echo off 
    start "Addreg ICTSUITE%%i" reg add "\\ICTSUITE%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v AutoAdminLogon /t REG_SZ /d 1
    start "Addreg ICTSUITE%%i" reg add "\\ICTSUITE%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultUserName /t REG_SZ /d [Usernamehere]
    start "Addreg ICTSUITE%%i" reg add "\\ICTSUITE%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultDomainName /t REG_SZ /d [domainnamehere]
    start "Addreg ICTSUITE%%i" reg add "\\ICTSUITE%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v DefaultPassword /t REG_SZ /d [passwordhere]
    start "Addreg ICTSUITE%%i" reg add "\\ICTSUITE%%i\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /f /v AutoLogonCount /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    )
    the only thing it may not do is add the preceeding 0 from machine 1 to 9 we are naughty here and do not put the 0 in for this very reason.

basically the code steps from 1 to 33 adding/ altering the regentries specified then when the child attempts to login it should automatically log in for them - until they reboot... fingers crossed.

same as before add it to a batch file and run it

teaches me to read my code through before I post next time

good luck

Thank Post
    iTalc can do this and is free.

The only issue is that the way it does it .. so if someone interupts it doing it's thing then it might fail at logon with incorrect usernames etc.

Also means you can allow staff tutor access to do it.

Of course, it all then depends, are you logging them all in with the same username/password combo or (even at such a young age) do they have assigned individual usernames / passwords that you need to use?

Thank Post
    The younger children all use one username and no password.

Quote Originally Posted by aptproductions View Post
    iTalc can do this and is free.

The only issue is that the way it does it .. so if someone interupts it doing it's thing then it might fail at logon with incorrect usernames etc.

Also means you can allow staff tutor access to do it.

Of course, it all then depends, are you logging them all in with the same username/password combo or (even at such a young age) do they have assigned individual usernames / passwords that you need to use?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sister_annex View Post
    how are the computer names assigned? i will have a dig around our old scripts to see if there is anything that may fit the bill
    Sorry sister, the script didn't work, thanks anyway for trying

Thank Post
    The younger children all use one username and no password.
    In that case iTalc should work well for you, or if you have the cash NetSupport is a great tool too that I use on one site.

Thank Post
    No Problems, I am not a scripting guru was just trying to butcher someone elses work

we use LanSchool here but we are a secondary so iTalc may do what you need but i have no experience with it

Hope you find what you are looking for

Thank Post
    thanks all, could you give me some idea of price for Lan School and Netsupport, we need 32 client versions and 1 teacher version.

Ab Tutor looks good for just £200, also had a look at Netops School, but thats gonna cost around £600-800, does everything but mass login

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,409 Times in 1,693 Posts
    Another vote for italc - it is free so I would have a look at that first

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast