+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Impero V3 or Securus NG in Technical; Is anyone here using the new Securus NG or Impero V3?? I have now made the decision to ditch Policy ...

Thank Post

Impero V3 or Securus NG

Is anyone here using the new Securus NG or Impero V3?? I have now made the decision to ditch Policy Central as its nothing but a pain

Would Impero V3 run in a Virtual environment???

Thanks

Thank Post
    I'm pretty sure Impero V3 will although its still not ready for final release yet - I'm told it'll be in the next 2 ish weeks.

Thank Post
    We have been Impero customers ever since the product saw the light of day. We run Impero V2 now, V3 looks great, much improved, but it has been a long time in coming & in my opinion is still not quite ready yet. If you need something that works now I am afraid I would say avoid Impero V3, if you are prepared to wait ......

Assuming V3 launches by the end of March (Bear in mind customers have been promised V3 for over 12 months), I think it will take some time to bed-in & get all the bugs out. I have tried two fairly recent V3 beta versions including the release candidate & they were not stable enough for me to deploy even in a minimal configuration (ie 1x client, 1x console & 1x server).

To their credit, I would say the Impero developers are great, they are very responsive, approachable & enthusiastic about their product & I am confident it will be a great product some day.....

I have no knowledge of the Securus offering.

4. Thanks to broc from:

russdev (3rd April 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,420 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Impero developers listen to each bug and create a fix accordingly and then add said fix to the patches...not many companies I know do that!

6. Thanks to nephilim from:

russdev (3rd April 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techie08 View Post
    Is anyone here using the new Securus NG or Impero V3?? I have now made the decision to ditch Policy Central as its nothing but a pain

Would Impero V3 run in a Virtual environment???

Thanks
    Bill from Securus here.

The products are considerably different in many ways and basically they are;

• Impero is very strong on classroom and PC management with monitoring as an add-on
    • Securus is all about e-safety monitoring and not at all focussed on classroom/PC control

It's really a question of what you want a product to do for you.
    Last edited by EduTech; 18th March 2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Removed Advert

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We use securus here and i think it is very good, i be honest i have never used impero so i cannot comment on differences but i have used secrus quite abit and it works very well and the new version with the new hardware is very good although i am yet to have it on our site at the moment due to problems.

Problems of which i will say are nothing to do with Securus themselves, although it was to do with a partner company who we brought securus from 3 years ago on a 3 year lease, problem is now the company that sold us it on a 3 year lease want to charge us through the roof to renew and refuse to pay it as your talking 3/4 grand, that technically we have already paid and should only be paying a small fee now per year for support/upgrades.

Securus are now telling me we have 2 options, the better one as it's less per year rather then then 5/6k out right is annoying because it is a 3year lease again and then a small fee after that for support and upgrades thing that really annoys me is that we have to do the 3yr lease again even though we have already done it.

So in theory, we were shafted as what we have now is a securus box that is about as usful as a chocolate teapot and not much money to do anything about it.

awaiting yet another email from the MD see if he can at least try and sort it out because otherwise we wont be using securus thats for sure and will be looking at something else where we wont get shafted in a couple of years.

but dont let that knock you back the actual product itself is very good, just if you do consider buying securus go direct this is something that apparently the school i am at knew nothing about 3 years ago and brought it through a partner instead which i think is where the trouble has come from.

Shame, But just thought i would mention it.

James.

Thank Post
    Was it Bill Jenkins (director @ Securus) that you spoke to?
    If not, then I'd ask to speak to him.

We've had Securus for a couple of years now and find it great.
    We will definately be looking to purchase the NG box.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just to update my problem, after speaking to securus today they have sorted out the problem and we just now pay for the new box and a support fee which i think is quite reasonable and something which everyone knows has to be paid.

James.

Thank Post
    I would hold fire on purchasing a securus ng box. I have been a securus customer for a long time now (6 years) and have recently purchased and installed the new ng version. Whilst the product is in theory an excellent upgrade to the old version that i was happily running, i have to say i've been very disappointed. Basically the software for the new version appears to be a beta version and is absolutely full of bugs still. They seem to be releasing patches and fixes practically every day. I'm now onto my second server after one of the fixes took the server down completely. This has left me very frustrated and after more issues and problems with my second server i've reverted back and plugged in my original version 6 server. I'll definitely come back to NG, but i'm going to wait until summer when hopefully the software will actually be ready for release.

Have to say I do feel quite let down by securus over this, despite 6 previous years of being very satisfied with the company and product.

Mark

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread