+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Lanschool - Anyone that uses it please help in Technical; Originally Posted by mattmoo Hey FN-GM P.s. Anyone with a Cisco wireless controller who has this working please let me ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmoo View Post
    Hey FN-GM

P.s. Anyone with a Cisco wireless controller who has this working please let me know as it would be nice to see what you had to change before I go investigating more.
    Hi Matt,

My name is Sherman and I work with LanSchool. I was pointed over to another thread and landed on this one while looking at various threads for our product.

There are specific settings for the Cisco Wireless that need to be checked out.

Many Cisco's have settings that block the forwarding of Multicast and Broadcast packets.

I am yanking some stuff out of our FAQ's that I hope will help you out, but if it doesn't, or if you run into any other issues with out product, please feel free to contact us at support@lanschool.com

This is for the Cisco AP's that have the centralized management systems, but once you are in the system these are the settings we have found to work.

Under CONTROLLER on the WLC configuration page ,change "Ethernet Multicast Mode" from "Disabled" to "Unicast " and in the entry for Broadcast Forwarding set it for enabled.

While there isn't much to it, it can be quite frustrating to chase the correct combination of settings to get wireless to work.

I hope this helps.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Revival of an old thread, im trying to view laptops over the wireless using lanschool, I have enabed broadcast forwarding plus set Ethernet multicast mode to unicast but still not luck.
    Any ideas would be great thanks, the laptops are all on the same vlan.Whave a cisco 5500 wireless manager and Cisco aironet 1142 AP's if that helps

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12