+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Spiceworks in Technical; Only problem I had with it is when some of the staff filled in their email address wrongly and I ...

Thank Post
    Only problem I had with it is when some of the staff filled in their email address wrongly and I had emails bouncing all over our exchange server, might be an idea to get them to log in with their AD user/pass, in fact I might look into that tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowmanuk View Post
    Only problem I had with it is when some of the staff filled in their email address wrongly and I had emails bouncing all over our exchange server, might be an idea to get them to log in with their AD user/pass, in fact I might look into that tomorrow.
    Oh that's frustrating too, such as when a user has a full mailbox you keep getting it bouncing back and forth. I'm sure there must be a way to stop that from happening?

Thank Post
    The problem with this is Spiceworks doesn't know who is an administrator. So to edit the Portal you afaik put it back to email login to be able to edit it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Just wish it would stop duplicating workstations in the inventory Never mind.
    I used to have this problem. For me it was stale DNS records. As I was using my IP scope to scan it was checking DNS for the hostnames and picking up two entries for some of the machines.
    Worth a look.

AD auth works great, no more mistyped email addresses

Thank Post
    I use it for a helpdesk. Easy to setup.

The only 'irritating' problem is the display of tickets. They are grouped - so any tickets that are unassigned are listed on one page, and assigned tickets on another. If you forget to keep switching, you won't see any new ones. Very irritating indeed.

There should be an option to combine the sets of tickets since there is only me having to manage the network here. Or maybe there is and I have missed it. A suitable response to this would be to tell me off and show me where it is...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTSM View Post

The only 'irritating' problem is the display of tickets. They are grouped - so any tickets that are unassigned are listed on one page, and assigned tickets on another. If you forget to keep switching, you won't see any new ones. Very irritating indeed.

There should be an option to combine the sets of tickets since there is only me having to manage the network here. Or maybe there is and I have missed it. A suitable response to this would be to tell me off and show me where it is...
    Yeah I have noticed this too. There used to be an option to show all tickets but seemed to disappear after an update.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Yeah I have noticed this too. There used to be an option to show all tickets but seemed to disappear after an update.
    No? There's an option to display open tickets which will show both assigned and unassigned.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    No? There's an option to display open tickets which will show both assigned and unassigned.
    Open tickets are tickets that have been assigned to someone....aren't they?

Edit: Ah just tested and you are quite correct

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Open tickets are tickets that have been assigned to someone....aren't they?

Edit: Ah just tested and you are quite correct
    Go on...tell us if you dare! Bet ya daren't!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben123 View Post
    the network scan functionality, does not seem to work correctly, and is very slow, is there any way of removing that functionality? i only really would ever need Spiceworks for the amazing helpdesk system, as we are currently using OTRS and it is...

Sloooowwwww...

Thanks in advance
    I have the same problem... very slow to scan the network and seems to leave out most of the PC's .. we have over 600 PC's, 13 Servers and over 80 printers on one domain.

Helpdesk.. there is only one and that is MLH...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit View Post

Helpdesk.. there is only one and that is MLH...

We used to use it until the server died.... but the email poller didnt work, so no email to ticket conversion - so we're using spiceworks atm

ICTNUT has said that this will be fixed in the New Version.... Any news on the patent and trademark process yet?

Michael

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James2k View Post
    The problem with this is Spiceworks doesn't know who is an administrator. So to edit the Portal you afaik put it back to email login to be able to edit it.
    Don't think you do....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTSM View Post

I find the 'Open Tickets' will display unassigned ones as well as all the others......

Arrr, someone beat me to it.....

I've been adding stuff to the knowledge base this morning - nothing like just closing a ticket with a URL in which shows someone what to do !!
    Last edited by mattx; 10th February 2010 at 12:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post
    We used to use it until the server died.... but the email poller didnt work, so no email to ticket conversion - so we're using spiceworks atm

ICTNUT has said that this will be fixed in the New Version.... Any news on the patent and trademark process yet?

Michael
    Check the blog entry on OP Software.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post

Michael
    Get ICT Nut to host it....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast