When logging on with RangerManager user account we are experiencing problems:
1) Start Menu is empty
2) Desktop is correct (as per Ranger Admin desktop policy for Rangermanager), but when accessing any icon we get the following error:
'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.'
3) Slow response on accessing network resources
4) Unable to run any bat or exe file - error msg is as above (#2), although word, excel files open fine.
Anyone with any ideas? Thanks
I would do the following:
1. Check policy settings under environment in Ranger Administrator for Rangermanagers group.
2. If just this user (domain admin equivalent) delete profile (roaming &/or local)
3. Check shortcuts offered point to correct place -maybe recopy from local machine best idea
4. As Rangermanger you should also be able to see local drive C:\documents and settings\all users so try shortcuts there too.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)