+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, ABTutor connection and uninstall issue in Technical; Hi Our school network has recently undergone a restructure (A govt initiated thing) and some of our workstations had ABTutor ...

Thank Post

ABTutor connection and uninstall issue

Hi
    Our school network has recently undergone a restructure (A govt initiated thing) and some of our workstations had ABTutor built into the new ghost image while on other workstations, the client has been deployed by ghost console. It seems that I have some issues with connection...some of the workstations have obviously been deployed with a different connection password as I get an error message "Authentication Failure: Unauthorised Connection". Unfortunately I have no idea what this and have spent sometime second guessing myself to no avail. To compound matters the clients have been set up so that users can not stop or remove the abtutor client service. I connected to a machine and tried to uninstall...no joy...it does not permit the service to be stopped even by an administrator. What are my options besides many tears? Are there any registry entries I can change to fix my issue or am I stuffed?

Many thanks for your help

Thank Post
    HI

I dont know if this will help but we deploy the client with group policy and it sets the client password.

What I would do is try and run the install program and see if it gives you a uninstall option.

Or contact tech support on support@abconsulting.com

Or you could try this with one machine place the machine in another gpo and test to see if you can install the client using group policy and dont forget to click the uninstall if it falls out of range and dont forget to create a mst to apply the setting you need like the connection password. Tech support will help you create a mst.

Good Luck

Richard

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread