+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Classroom Management / Remote Control in Technical; Hi all, OK then, I know this post has been added a number of times, but what's the virdict on ...

Thank Post

Classroom Management / Remote Control

Hi all,

OK then, I know this post has been added a number of times, but what's the virdict on the best Remote Control software??

I have a list of the usual suspects - Netsupport, Netop, etc as well as a couple I hadnt heard of before - Junglebyte Teach, Smart Sync and Lanschool.

I know they are all much of a muchness, but has anyone had experience of more than one and can give me any information about one that might be a, the best option and b, (more importantly!) less likely to give me problems!?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i would highly recommend you have a look at Abtutor - http://www.abtutorcontrol.com/html/Tutor_Control.html

It handles Classroom managment with ease, but also has some added features which helps make an Admin's life easier!

Plus you only pay per Tutor Licence which is around £125 each so quite cheap

3. 2 Thanks to EduTech:

BatchFile (9th November 2009), legaleagle1 (27th July 2009)

Thank Post
    Yes the licencing on AB Tutor is very good no student licences. A few schools round here use it and they love it.

Got RM Tutor here and don't see the point of upgrading it yet.

Butuz

Thank Post
    We've gone with ABTutor. works very well. Easy for staff to use. Great for me for remote help. You only pay for the number of PCs that you want the staff console on. So one per teaching room if you need that many.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    i would highly recommend you have a look at Abtutor - AB Tutor Control - classroom management software for schools

It handles Classroom managment with ease, but also has some added features which helps make an Admin's life easier!

Plus you only pay per Tutor Licence which is around £125 each so quite cheap
    Yep, AB Tutor is very good. The only problem is part of it's installation includes an unsigned driver which AFAIK you can't deploy centraly. If you leave the driver out (and it's recommended not required) then it's all MSIs and should be plain sailing. I delegated it to the junior technician.

Give them a phone call you can trial it for free.

Thank Post
    And another vote for the very lovely ABTutor

Thank Post
    Used AB Tutor in a few schools and would highly recommend it. Always found it slightly more involved to set up than other products but once working it's a very complete piece of software.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle1 View Post
    Hi all,

OK then, I know this post has been added a number of times, but what's the virdict on the best Remote Control software??

I have a list of the usual suspects - Netsupport, Netop, etc as well as a couple I hadnt heard of before - Junglebyte Teach, Smart Sync and Lanschool.

I know they are all much of a muchness, but has anyone had experience of more than one and can give me any information about one that might be a, the best option and b, (more importantly!) less likely to give me problems!?
    IMO this is a difficult one to answer as each product fits a specific need. Itís a bit like saying which is the best, a bike, a car, a bus or a plane....they all carry people but in very different ways for different reasons.

The question really is what do you want from the product and then identify which products then fit that requirement. From the responses so far there's a lot of love for ABTutor and it obviously works well for some schools, however that may not be the case for every school as some may be looking for a more feature rich product.

Having worked with hundreds of schools on this topic our first conversation is all about what the school wants, why they want it, who will be using it and the features required. From here you can then fit the right product round the school.

My advice would be to think about your specific requirements and then identify the products to evaluate once you are clear on what it is your looking for. Products in this category range from free software through to the high end solutions that can cost many thousands depending on exactly what you need.

Thank Post
    Not particularly sure why, but we have constant problems with AB Tutor Control here. The Monitor screen constantly errors and loses connection, and it also likes to latch onto PCs which we don't want to monitor, despite the fact it's set to look at only a predetermined range of Netbios names.

We also found it sends a huge amount of data over the network, when it's not really doing much. (But this may turn out to be on par with all the other software, I don't know).

Their support has failed to fix, or troubleshoot, any of these issues which is disappointing. I actually came here today to see what everyone else is using, only to find everyone loves what we're trying to get rid of!

Thank Post
    I just use UltraVNC. It's free and works pretty well. If you want an interface for teaching staff to use UltraVNC through, then Kaboodle works pretty well. The only thing that solution doesn't do is allow you to monitor an entire room for misdemenours - but my rooms are set up 'back to front' so the teachers desk faces the computer screens anyhow. IMHO I've found that although entire classroom monitoring is stated by ICT teachers as a 'desirable' feature, it is rarely used. We mostly use UltraVNC for remote staff support rather than pupil support. Teachers have it available, but normally walk the 5 feet or so to give direct assistance.

Thank Post
    I retract my previous statements regarding AB Tutor Control, since that post we have managed to resolve most issues with it, and it's now running as hoped.

My apologies if i have mislead anyone with my hasty post.

Thank Post

Classroom management

Hi,
    I am teacher. I found a website with classroom management tricks and I follow that. The interest, abilities, and time constraints of your students have to be considered. My students finish their assignments on time and ask for some more. Log on to www classroom-management org for additional information.

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread