+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Network and Classroom Management Thread, ITALC problems in Technical; Originally Posted by silver Sorry, I am obviously irritating you but as I said, I have found the profile (and ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    Sorry, I am obviously irritating you but as I said, I have found the profile (and I did it your way too and it took me to the same place) but there is no documents and settings folder even though I have set up the master and one client using a staff log on, and this is where I am confused.
    I can go back and log on as local admin if you think that is better and set up a few clients there, but I still dont see a 'documents and settings' folder to put it in, only application data
    the profiles$ WONT have a docs and settings it is effectively docs and settings but the should be a profile there with app data start menu desktop etc there the doc and settings is local to the pc where local profiles reside and roaming profile are copied to at logon

Thank Post
    OK - I have had to log on as admin and populate the ITALC folder with the computers, because if I did it as a user, the settings had gone again by the next day (not in the profile, I assume)
    Now, I found the ITALC file under docs and settings/application data for the admin, and I have copied it into the staff profile under application data - making sure everyone has access to it.
    BUT I have forced a gp update etc and logged on as a staff member and the computer details are not there. Can anyone please tell me what I have missed?
    Last edited by silver; 30th September 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Thank Post
    Please can someone help me??

I can see what has happened - the list of computers I painstakingly added as admin yesterday is not in the .xml file. I don't know why - does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by silver; 1st October 2009 at 12:56 PM.

Thank Post
    I too am having issues with Italc, i have tried several PC's and the service will not install.
    Any ideas?

Thank Post
    I use italc with very few problems for just under two years now, but it was tricky to setup at first.

The best way is to install the master on a teachers/sysadmin computer, use a local profile and make sure roaming profiles are disabled on this computer.

On the your computer first install the italc client, this should install and register the italc service, now reinstall italc and tell it to install both the client and master parts, tell it to create new keys.

you should now be able to open italc on your pc, now go to the italc folder inside program files, inside the italc folder is a folder called keys, copy folder keys to a nework location for future use.

now go to a client pc, you will now create a msi to deploy the italc client with the right keys.
    create the msi in your usual way but before doing the second scan copy the Keys folder that was taken from the master machine into the clients machine.

deploy the msi to 2-3 machines, add them in your master pc and it works fine.

Thank Post
    I have finally sorted it out with a bit of help from you lot. The info I wanted had been saved under admin docs on the actual computer I was working on, but it was hidden and when I searched for it I forgot to check for hidden files.
    Copied it into the staff profile and now all is well!!
    I still don't understand why i can't add computers by just the name, it needs the IP address which is OK until that changes - which it might
    Oh well, all is good ATM!!!
    Thanks all

Thank Post
    have you tried using the full computer name so pc12.domain.local rather than pc12.

if it wont so names i would try mac addresses at least tehy dont change or at least give the pcs reserved ips in dhcp so they always get the same ip

Thank Post
    hello I have installed italc on our win 7 teachers computers and the win xp class room computers and it is working great everything runs fine and it stores the ip address loading the class room computers every time i open italc. When I installed it on our ubuntu class room teacher and students it works great after setting up all the keys but after adding all the computers for the class room they disappear after closing and reopening italc on the teacher computer. Any Ideas why I lose them in Ubuntu?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123