+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RM Tutor 4/NSS Question in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

RM Tutor 4/NSS Question

Hi, previously we used RM CC3 on our system, we have since moved to a thin/fat client system running off ****** (big mistake) buttt... left over from this we are still using RM Tutor 3 which is just rebranded Netsupport School as far as I can see. We have an increasing number of vista clients and NSS 8.02 clientside does not work with Vista.

Netsupport School pricing seems rather high from what I've found from googling and RM is selling RM Tutor 4 for £6000 for 500 clients which is considerably cheaper, they do however list it as compatible with CC4 only. If it's only NSS what would stop us from installing it on our system, as they said the same about Tutor 3 which runs fine on our XP clients.

Does anyone have any experience with this or further advice?

Another thing I was wondering about is terminal server compatibility, with RM Tutor 3 (NSS 8.02) we can limit internet access for local IE but IE running on the TS cannot be limited, what would the story be with the latest version? Likewise, with this printer management it has, would it be able to effectively operate when using some remote and some local software on our fat clients.

Thanks,
    Ollie
    Last edited by Dos_Box; 6th July 2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Removed manufacturers name

Thank Post
    Netsupport School pricing seems rather high from what I've found from googling and RM is selling RM Tutor 4 for £6000 for 500 clients which is considerably cheaper, they do however list it as compatible with CC4 only. If it's only NSS what would stop us from installing it on our system, as they said the same about Tutor 3 which runs fine on our XP clients.
    From what I was told and shown it is simply a rebrand so if the latest version of NSS works on your network, you can get a trial from there site, then I should see no reason why it wouldn't work. It's not tied in to any of the RM Management Tools to my knowledge.

Could it be to do with licensing on their side and the fact that they're only allowed to use it with CC4? I'm not sure.

Thank Post
    Hmm, I might give them a call in a bit and see what they say, I doubt they're going to want to say why though. I wouldn't mind getting CC4 but there's no chance of it happening, xD.

Is there anyone who has RM Tutor 4 who can test it on a standalone setup?

Thank Post
    Why don't you have a look at abtutor if pricing is the issue?

Thank Post
    Hi Ollie, I hope you are well. My name is James McMorn, UK Sales Account manager at NetSupport. If you'd like to look into some pricing on NetSupport give me a call or drop me an email - James@netsupportsoftware.co.uk or 01778382288 and we can discuss.

NetSupport School 10 will sooth all current compatibility issues and has a considerable amount of new features, like the 'technician console' and 'student journal'

Look forward to hearing from you

James McMorn
    UK Sales Account Manager
    NetSupport Software

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    RM Tutor 4 & 3 are only allowed to run on cc3/cc4 hence why the pricing is so good. Nothing technically stopping you running it but you would not licensed.

The deal is like with symantec good pricing as long as they do not take other education customers only RM ones.

Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread