+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Print Manager Plus Licence Renewal in Technical; Hi All, just a quick one for users of Print Manager Plus, where do you get it from? I am ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts

Print Manager Plus Licence Renewal

Hi All, just a quick one for users of Print Manager Plus, where do you get it from? I am interested in checking out a few others for the cost of the renewal licence as it a bit steep for my tiny budget this year but I do like the tool.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers!

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Worth a look if you are checking out your options is Ranger Print Manager. Does pretty much the same thing - and some handy extra bits like redirected queues for local printers, cost centre charging rather than user charging etc.

I think I blogged about it about a while back... I'll check and blog if not on it.

Thank Post
    Yeh, was thinking of them direct rather than via a reseller, just on a time saving mission really as the maintance quote only came through today due to it getting lost in the black hole that is my email system and its due for renewal rather sharpish so was hoping to get 2 or 3 firms that were recommended as such by Edugeek members to then crack on and get it sorted at the start of next week but looks like some internet searching for me and phone calls. Heyho

As for an alternative product, sounds a good idea but un-installing the old software from the clients and messing around with a new one doesn't fill me with joy and I don't actually mind PMP it seems quite nice and the latest releases reporting actually works really well but will look at your post and see what it says, but the big issue is cost as its just a maintenance renewal I need for PMP not the whole thing and my budget cannot stomach the maintenance renewal this year really so a whole new program isn't looking that good really.

Thank Post
    @john: I ditched PMP 2 years ago in favour of PyKota for exactly the reason of the stoopid maintenance price (and the ropey nature of the product).

Unless you're 101% satisfied with PMP, I would advise you look at alternatives (there's loads if you search EduGeek). If you dont renew your maintenance your software is still usable... you just won't get support and upgrades.

Thank Post
    Cheers Ric, It would be nice to look at alternatives but I think more for times sakes (as in the lack of time to re-do a printer server for Pykota or an alternative unless your free and bored and want a trip to the good old Yorkshire Dales to do it for me) we will continue with PMP. I will probably just discontinue the maintenance or haggle for it I think that may be a better option.

On a side note perhaps you could do a Pykota thingy at the next conf?

Thank Post
    Hi John, PMP do have a renewal cost to their solution (they would go out of business if they didnt) but it should not be that expensive? From our experience we have found them to be rather good.

Thank Post
    Well my price was too prohibitive, I need the cash for other bigger fish as it were, I would rather have storage for files than a reduction in paper usage at present, so i haven't renewed it. The dealer we get it from is aware of my situation this year and knows that we will try to restart it next year if funding permits (or by then who knows we may have a new printer server)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread