+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, SMARTboard software v10 on CC4 in Technical; cheers for the pointers russ, i'll give that a go. the worrying thing is i've spent over a day on ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    cheers for the pointers russ, i'll give that a go.

the worrying thing is i've spent over a day on support calls regarding this and been led in circles. we're paying for support and getting no answers, yet i come on here and get an answer that rm dont even have.

it feels like cc4 is a completely new package that nobody knows how to use at rm

Thank Post
    in cc4 it's possible to inport the msi to RMMC, then attach an MST file to the package once it's in. there is no .ini files anymore as all the meta data should be held in the postgres database on your FRDC. do u have an mst file? if so can you tell us how u got it? i keep only being able to get to an xml file.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    cheers for the pointers russ, i'll give that a go.

the worrying thing is i've spent over a day on support calls regarding this and been led in circles. we're paying for support and getting no answers, yet i come on here and get an answer that rm dont even have.

it feels like cc4 is a completely new package that nobody knows how to use at rm
    i get the same thing and the same feeling... cc4 is still not a sellable product in my view, it simply does not do everything that cc3 can do. i feel like we've gone backwards. still hoping for vanilla....

Thank Post
    in cc4 - add a transform file (.MST)... i dont know how to do this, there's no add button.

upload/import your msi into RMMC. find the package, right click > properties then the contents the mst SHOULD be there if not..... i dunno what RM have done. have they told u how u can force an MST to be there?

Thank Post
    i've found out how to force it to appear and it works perfectly for us... no issues with it at all and all working, serial no, shared galler and team content ect.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    in cc4 it's possible to inport the msi to RMMC, then attach an MST file to the package once it's in. there is no .ini files anymore as all the meta data should be held in the postgres database on your FRDC. do u have an mst file? if so can you tell us how u got it? i keep only being able to get to an xml file.
    Did you find the MST file? If not I have a good working package for the May 2009 version for CC3, although as the teachers take their laptops home to do work I have configured it to install the Gallery content locally (also saves some network traffic). I am not sure how CC4 wireless laptops would cope with this and trickle package installation. Although I can see a potential problem with the package when it comes to uninstall it and install a new version, but this seems to be a fault of the MSI uninstaller.

In regards to the other posts and using the version on the CD, I would recommend downloading the latest version from the Website. It contains the newest firmware I would recommend flashing the Smartboards with, and also solves other problems that were in the older versions.

Also to MK-2, do they not cover the differences between CC3 and CC4 on the CC4 Courses at RM? I would have expected they would have gone through this.

And in response to TechMonkeys comment about Random changes, CC4 is a completely different system to CC3, so there are going to be some differences in the way things look and work - some good and some bad. I found out information about adding MST files to the MSI quite easily using the search in the RM support website. CC4 is not CC3.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hey you should check out communties as I posted a guide of how to do this:

+Install the Install Manager on server
    +Install the drivers onto a machine. Then use app wiz to add the driver .msi to packge area (choose to manage a .msi that already exists)
    +Fire up the install manager. There is a section to select the .msi that you wish to alter. Point this at the package that you have just created (on CC4 this will be in one of the GUID folders, if you can find it just perform a search on the D: drive. Once selected you can alter driver settings (disable updates etc.). I then choose the option to save the settings in a config .xml file (so can make alterations in future). Now choose the option to publish a transform (call it drivers.mst or something) and place it in the package folder.
    +Open up RMMC and look at the details of the package and in the commandline section add Transforms=drivers.mst

+Install notebook onto a machine. Then use app wiz to add the notebook .msi to packge area (choose to manage a .msi that already exists)
    +Go back to Install Manager and point it at the notebook package you just made to alter notebook settings. At this point use Install Manager to download the gallery to package folder. Again choose the option to save the settings in a config .xml file. Now choose the option to publish a transform (call it notebook.mst or something) and place it in the package folder.
    +Again add the tranform line to the package in RMMC

Allocate - works fine

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12