+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Sanako Study 1200 - good, bad, meh? in Technical; MFL are looking at Sanako Study 1200 (and I have an evaluation downloading) for use in an MFL IT room. ...

Thank Post

Sanako Study 1200 - good, bad, meh?

MFL are looking at Sanako Study 1200 (and I have an evaluation downloading) for use in an MFL IT room.

A cursory search on edugeek reveals 6 "bad" for Sanako/Imperata, one "less rubbish than I expected" and one "good". But since I know we're all more likely to curse bad software than praise good stuff (catharis etc), what's it like? Does it play nicely? Is is sensible to buy when we already have Netsupport, which has much of the functionality, albeit not packaged in an MFL-friendly way.

Glancing quickly over the bumpf, it appears to be Netsupport school with an mfl-orientated frontend and content.

edit: and the frontend looks horrible.
    Last edited by pete; 3rd February 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Thank Post
    If you already have netsupport I personally wouldn't purchase it. Then again Sanako is good for things such as language labs as the teacher can play a clip and then teacher can direct the sound to an inidivudual pupil or a group of pupils. Sanako is good for that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What do you want to do with it? If you're using it for MFL then I think it's good (the staff at my last place chose it and liked it) but if you're not using it for that then I'd guess it's not so good :-)

rad
    Thank Post
    We have it but not sure how often the teachers use it.

It is a pain if the teacher PC in the room "dies" as the teacher/admin software needs installing and reconfiguring.

I have seen it in use when I am testing stuff and it looks good for what it is.

Thank Post
    MFL are intending to use it for exams and teaching in classes. They don't really use the IT rooms enough to be familar with what Netsupport can do (it can be used to deliver the audio for the exams, for example).

As a MFL teaching aid, (aside from interface niggles) it looks rather useful. As a classroom control software I have reservations, especially if they'd like access to it in our other IT rooms - the potential for conflict with netsupport client components (vga and audio drivers) seems quite high.

Thank Post
    *resurrects thread*

I've just got hold of the pricing for this - would anyone mind sharing (via pm if necessary) what they paid for this? I'm currently seeing entry-mid level SAN type pricing for a software product I'm struggling to see how they've arrived at the costs.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can't remember what we paid and I don't have access to that info any longer but it wasn't cheap.

Suspect the pricing is done with an Excel formula a bit like this: =RAND()*1000+10000

Thank Post

Response to Sanako product enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    *resurrects thread*

I've just got hold of the pricing for this - would anyone mind sharing (via pm if necessary) what they paid for this? I'm currently seeing entry-mid level SAN type pricing for a software product I'm struggling to see how they've arrived at the costs.

I don't know if thsi will help but there is a new comparable product called Relanpro which I am responsible for in the UK . Sanako are a very good company but I believe that I may be able to get you a very good comparative deal as I have leeway to make case study discounts.

I have nothing untoward to say regarding the Sanko product I am merely able to offer you what I believe may be a better option at an aggressive price.

I can be contacted via this forum if you would like the option to assess something.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter2803 View Post
    I don't know if thsi will help but there is a new comparable product called Relanpro which I am responsible for in the UK . Sanako are a very good company but I believe that I may be able to get you a very good comparative deal as I have leeway to make case study discounts.

I have nothing untoward to say regarding the Sanko product I am merely able to offer you what I believe may be a better option at an aggressive price.

I can be contacted via this forum if you would like the option to assess something.
    I would like to know more about your product Relanpro.

Thanks
    Carol
    cf23

Thank Post

Sanako 1200

Hi Peter

How did you evaluation of the above go? Are/did you go ahead with the lab?

Thanks

Carol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cf23 View Post
    Hi Peter

How did you evaluation of the above go? Are/did you go ahead with the lab?

Thanks

Carol
    We're still stuck at the "does the pricing of this product have any relation to the value for teaching and learning?" stage. Software costs alone are comparable to two well-loaded X4150s and a 7100 Amber Road unit.

It looks good/doable, but we're balking at the price and the opportunity cost - i.e. if we did X instead with the money, would that give greater benefit to MFL?

Thank Post
    We're still stuck at the "does the pricing of this product have any relation to the value for teaching and learning?" stage. Software costs alone are comparable to two well-loaded X4150s and a 7100 Amber Road unit.

It looks good/doable, but we're balking at the price and the opportunity cost - i.e. if we did X instead with the money, would that give greater benefit to MFL?
    Can't disagree with you on the cost front, Sony about 5-6k cheaper. All I can say is that we've the antiquated Tanberg sys about 12yrs old now -we've had our money's worth but need to come into the 21st century.
    Thanks for your response.

Thank Post
    Can't disagree with you on the cost front, Sony about 5-6k cheaper. All I can say is that we've the antiquated Tanberg sys about 12yrs old now -we've had our money's worth but need to come into the 21st century.
    Thanks for your response.
    Who are you getting your sony pricing from? Connect-ed?

Thank Post

Contact re Relanpro

I would like to know more about your product Relanpro.

Thanks
    Carol
    cf23
    I can be contacted at peter.provins@activa.co.uk. Drop me a mail and I will send you the product details and offer a demo.

Thank Post
    Who are you getting your sony pricing from? Connect-ed?
    Yes, but the faculty are more or less sold on Sanako, Sony was more of a costing exercise.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast