+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RM CC4 & Compensation in Technical; That's fair enough then. I'm not privvy to the promises made by RM. But even if I was - a ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That's fair enough then. I'm not privvy to the promises made by RM. But even if I was - a few days to upgrade a whole network to CC4 seems a bit on the unlikely side.

We decided last year to upgrade to CC4.

But because it was new, we decided it was best not to simply upgrade our existing servers with the new software as there isn't really much going back. Instead we planned to buy new servers, install CC4 from scratch (using RM remote install - a lot less than 1,000 commissioning fee), test, configure, and then migrate once we were happy it was ready.

@Michael: Yes, you have a point.

Thank Post
    What are RM deploying to schools which are enrolled on BSF?
    One of the key points. I don't know the precise answer, but RM said somewhere that CC4 is dual-use technology i.e. was designed for a standalone school and as part of their managed school system. If that is not the case now then it is massively over-designed.

Thank Post
    CC4 has now dragged on for our Junior School for nearing on a year now.

The overtime hours mount up to approximately 500.

The stress/politics has been undesirable. It's no longer a job - it's a nightmare.

RM have been on site for a considerable number of hours because of this.

Networks built with IB28 fresh are considerably better off than IB27 and less.

We're finally at that stage where technical issues are not so much... now it's just packaging crates of software that needs to be done

OFSTED were in last year and said that ICT should be part of the schools development and wanted to see such before they come again (expected this year). It was a major deciding factor in getting CC4, it's let us and many other schools down BUT the level of compensation really does depend on the impact at your school.

RM realise the issues with CC4 and they're open to admitting the flaws. Push for what cost you feel is right but you also need to understand from their point of view (negotiate) - remember you'll need them for the future of your network.
    Last edited by NeoPlosive; 30th January 2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: typo

4. Thanks to NeoPlosive from:

mburland (4th February 2009)

Thank Post

I say sue 'em!

I'm not sure if there's any point in posting on a dead thread but here goes.

I say squeeze them until they bleed. Management knew full well the state of the project from the developers working on it. They should suffer the consequences for treating their customers like a bunch of idiots (no offense) making the workplace unbearable.

6. Thanks to Trurl from:

Oops_my_bad (2nd March 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPlosive View Post
    CC4 has now dragged on for our Junior School for nearing on a year now.

The overtime hours mount up to approximately 500.

The stress/politics has been undesirable. It's no longer a job - it's a nightmare.

RM have been on site for a considerable number of hours because of this.

Networks built with IB28 fresh are considerably better off than IB27 and less.

We're finally at that stage where technical issues are not so much... now it's just packaging crates of software that needs to be done

OFSTED were in last year and said that ICT should be part of the schools development and wanted to see such before they come again (expected this year). It was a major deciding factor in getting CC4, it's let us and many other schools down BUT the level of compensation really does depend on the impact at your school.

RM realise the issues with CC4 and they're open to admitting the flaws. Push for what cost you feel is right but you also need to understand from their point of view (negotiate) - remember you'll need them for the future of your network.
    Thats pretty much where we are at, except for a few major bugs that mess up ICT lessons.... servicehost/gina/lockups on the desktop.

We were offered roughly what we would have paid for everything in total (gives you a rough idea?) but I still feel this is not enough because of the back log of work from the past 8 months I have to catch up with!

Thank Post
    CC4 - "I'd definitely recommend it!"

This seems to be the only school i've seen to say anything good about the product. It reminds me of the BSF video we seen.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    What are RM deploying to schools which are enrolled on BSF?
    Depends on what the terms of the tender and bids are. Any BSF supplier will supply what ever their winning bid and subsequent contract specified. If RM bid and won a contract on supplying CC4 they will supply CC4, if vanilla, then they will supply vanilla.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Thats pretty much where we are at, except for a few major bugs that mess up ICT lessons.... servicehost/gina/lockups on the desktop.

We were offered roughly what we would have paid for everything in total (gives you a rough idea?) but I still feel this is not enough because of the back log of work from the past 8 months I have to catch up with!
    Hi Chris, have reached the stage where I can now think about putting a compensation claim together and would appreciate any guidance you could offer. your post says "what we would have paid" can I assume you therefore claimed the total cost?
    Barry

Thank Post
    remember you'll need them for the future of your network
    Hogwash, the school should employ an experienced network manager and then ditch RM. After claiming the compenstation that is.

12. Thanks to jsnetman from:

Oops_my_bad (29th March 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    CC4 - "I'd definitely recommend it!"

This seems to be the only school i've seen to say anything good about the product. It reminds me of the BSF video we seen.....
    Also check out the RM Chamber of ICT Horrors - suprising CC4 isn't in there

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barryryan View Post
    Hi Chris, have reached the stage where I can now think about putting a compensation claim together and would appreciate any guidance you could offer. your post says "what we would have paid" can I assume you therefore claimed the total cost?
    Barry
    In truth we claimed a total amount of lost teaching and learning time, total losses for staff etc and never once mentioned a cash vaue, that was determind by RM.
    I must add that compensation should not be the be all and end all of your CC4 issue, maintaining a close relationship with RM is a must as the perfect working CC4 network is WAY off still!

15. Thanks to CHR1S from:

barryryan (20th September 2009)

Thank Post

RM compensation

Thanks Chris for your reply and help. Apologies for not replying sooner but just have not had time to do anything other than sort out cc4 problems which seem at last to be fewer since the update. Have negotiated what I feel is a fair( to RM too) recompense after a rather drawn out period of meetings and emails. Can't help feeling the person who lost out most is me!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12