+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Netsupport Bug!! in Technical; Hey all, first of all thanks to all in this community. Almost every problem i've encountered on school networks has ...

Thank Post

Netsupport Bug!!

Hey all, first of all thanks to all in this community. Almost every problem i've encountered on school networks has been fixed by a quick search of these forums. Cheers!

The kids here have found a pretty annoying bug with netsupport's remote viewer. When a teacher views a class the netsupport bar appears at the top of their screens. The kids have worked out that all they need to do is click the bar and alt f4 to close it, closing the remote session.

I had a quick scan on the support website but couldn't find anything relating to the problem. Has anyone come across this before? is there anyway to turn that 'bar at the top' off?

Any help apprieciated.

Thank Post
    Deploy your client configuration. I did that on ours and it seemed to make it disappear.

I presume you've moved onto Version 9. (I personally prefer 8.5....no nonsense like that!)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply, did a bit of a search and found you can turn the bar off alltogether. in the view->current settings menu. Amazing what you find when you actually look.

Still find it a bit funny that they can close the session using alt f4.

Thank Post
    Tekkee,

Are you sure they are closing the remote session and not just closing the student bar? In the next release the student bar is more robust.

We did get a report of students closing the bar with an Alt-F4 but this was just closing the bar and not ending the remote session. I'd be interested if this is the behaviour you are seeing.

Rob

btw, there is something new and unique for techies in the next NSS release (due in a few weeks). Hopefully you'll all like it!

Thank Post
    Hey rdhawkins,

I have it on good authority from a teacher that when the bar is closed the remote session was ending. BUT... i have just tried to recreate the problem and have not been able to do so. The bar closes but the session doesn't end.

He said it was a particular class that were doing it so we're going the let them do it again and hopefully i'll find out what they are doing to end the session.

Normally i'd shrug off the teachers comments, but the guy knows his stuff so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and do some testing.

I'll let you know if the kids have found a clever way of ending the sessions. Could just be a network cable pulled or something running from a usb tho.

Thanks for the info.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread