+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, MRBS Help in Technical; Have inherited a Linux Server with Debian OS and MRBS for room bookings which to date works a treat. Unfortunately ...

Thank Post

MRBS Help

Have inherited a Linux Server with Debian OS and MRBS for room bookings which to date works a treat. Unfortunately things have changed and need to either modify the existing setup or transfer the mrbs onto a windows based OS, this being my preferred option since my Linux knowledge is close to a fat ZERO.

Have setup a laptop for testing with Win XP, Apache V2.0.63, PHP 5.2.6 Win32, MySql 5.0.51b Win32 and after some fiddling all seem to be talking to each other as advertised from the cheat sheet that I followed ish.

Now comes the fun part of installing MRBS have extracted V 1.2.6.1 to a folder on the C drive as suggested. I then copied the web sub directory to my Apache2 install folder (C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\MRBS\web) as instructed. Was hoping someone could give me any tips in simple speak for a newbie geek on the way forward as seem to be struggling juggling this task with all the other chaos happening at work, don't mention Dell's in the conversation as might have to scream but thats another story. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank Post
    It sounds like you've done the hard part!

Do you need help on transferring the existing data, customising MRBS, making LDAP work, or ... something else?

Thank Post
    Thanks for the offer, have gone down a slightly different route shying away from Linux and using a WAMP box to get MRBS up and running on a standalone localhost setup.

My concerns are now moving this onto a network server especially as we already have a linux box running the intranet and a previous version of MRBS and Apache.

If you have any suggestions or tips on installing on a network that would be most appreciated.

Thank Post
    Are you moving onto a Windows based server ?

Thank Post
    cerainly am, hope to move intranet onto server 2003 box in summer hols but thats another project to add to the list.

My concerns are with MRBS on two separate boxes one with Linux and one with 2003 as the OS but both running apache. would there be any obvious concerns on the same network/domain. ?

Might require some assistance in the LDAP setup, current setup uses a security group in AD to give users access to booking rooms, was wondering how this was setup in the Linux MRBS setup ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread