+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Winsuite logon problem in Technical; Hi all, Have a problem with winsuite 3.51, some of the students can login normally, others login and then get ...
    Thank Post

Winsuite logon problem

Hi all,

Have a problem with winsuite 3.51, some of the students can login normally, others login and then get "Show Desktop" opening constantly.

So far I have the count of "Show Desktop" at 55 and climbing every few seconds. The student cannot do anything on the machine even though they are logged on.

Help please if possible. (Removing Winsuite isnt an option at present!!)

Thanks

Gary

Thank Post
    I've just recently started a job at a school that uses Winsuite, also in Norfolk, and have been told of this issue. Apparently no-one, including the software publisher, quite knows why it happens, and so deleting the affected user account and recreating is the only sure-fire fix...

Good luck!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

We get this problem on a daily basis. It seems to be a corrupt user profile. Deleting/changing the roaming profile in AD solved the problem. It seems to be caused by computers not being logged off correctly and thus the roaming profile is not being saved back to the server correctly.

The worst offenders here are laptops. Kids just power them off rather than log-off/shutdown.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I am having problems with just one laptop using winsuite 3.51. When a user logs on it takes a good few minutes before the winsuite desktop actually loads. Not an ideal situation when the rest of the laptops in our ICT suite have loaded and are ready to use.

I've never had this happen before. Anybody else had this problem before? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing winsuite several times but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miasfan View Post
    Hi,

I am having problems with just one laptop using winsuite 3.51. When a user logs on it takes a good few minutes before the winsuite desktop actually loads. Not an ideal situation when the rest of the laptops in our ICT suite have loaded and are ready to use.

I've never had this happen before. Anybody else had this problem before? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing winsuite several times but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
    To be honest I would suggest removing winsuite (hateful program) and setting everything on a group policy. I assume that you are running a fairly recent server/client configuration. A little bit of forward planning is needed to do this but I found it makes things a lot easier to diagnose. Removing winsuite was the first thing I did when I started here (to a bit of challenging from some staff but after it was done they were grateful)

Thank Post
    Thanks Matt, but unfortunately removing winsuite is not an option here at the moment.

Thank Post
    you will have to put the work in eventually as it wont work on 2008/r2/vista/7 so its days are numbered anyway (says someone who in one school has winsuite on suite pcs, xp profiles on netbooks and win7 profiles on win7 laptops)

sophos does find winsuite as a virus if not specificly excluded that might not be helping things it might also be the kids that dont work hjave a diff logon script/profile if local profiels are used theirs might just be fubar

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread