+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, FAO: Schools in Peterborough using 'safecom' with DANWOOD in Technical; We currently use Danwood for our photocopying needs etc and they seem very good. Just had a guy in as ...
    Thank Post

FAO: Schools in Peterborough using 'safecom' with DANWOOD

We currently use Danwood for our photocopying needs etc and they seem very good. Just had a guy in as I am thinking about ditching these stupid consumable hungry Oki's in favour of a decent HP fleet.

The rough figures seem reasonable and i'll get a confirmed price once the audit has completed. I just wanted your comments on them as a company providing printer support and if you think you made the right step? Does it actually work out more cost and waste effective? Anybody using the 'Authentication' at the printer - how does that work in a class environment?

Thanks in advance guys...

Ben

Thank Post
    If this is the hp multifunction jobbies with the safecom pull print system....make sure you get a decent price for your consumables etc.

My university recently ditched the existing printing system for the new safecom hp multifunction things.

The problem is they're WAY overpricing everything. It's a very nice system indeed with the pull print stuff. Type in your username and a pin for the system and select prints etc.

Sorry if that's not much help but as an end user the main gripe is just the costing of stuff has to be right and that's it.

Thank Post
    Thanks Joe, that is the kind of thing i'm looking for.

Although, this particular #package' would include consumables. So, we pay a yearly/quartely figure which includes everything basically. 4 hour response to breakdown, all consumables, upgrades etc etc.

What if you have a room of 20 kids that all need to print by end of lesson? They all have to indivdually go type in their details?

Thank Post
    Yes...they would all have to go and type in their user name and pin number.

The way around this would be to get them all to drop them into a network share and then have the teacher print them or use net support school to collect the work to the tutor machine and print it or something.

This way only one username and password would been to be put in but then you're going to be printing from the teacher's account as opposed to the student's account.

Thank Post
    ok, where do I start.

BE VERY CAREFULL WITH DANWOOD. In the beginning they good, then comes the rising quarterly bills & they insist they still saving you money.

Check your contract through. Make sure its an OGC contract, then your protected. If your on their EVERGREEN contract your screwed. Thats a never ending contract that you sign every quarter that resets your time limit on the contract...so it becomes a never enjding contract.

I can give you so much more details etc... Just ask...

In a sense, id say stay away if you can, but sounds like you already signed up!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Years ago I used to have a Danwood setup at the local college and they were ok but they were just never quite as good as they could have been. They moved from them and it was the best move ever.

Thank Post
    Ok guys, thank you for your comments. I'll raise them with the right people. We're only signed up to their photocopying contract, which has worked out effecient so far.

Thanks again

Ben

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, watch out for Evergreen or you'll get screwed.

Bounced Users
    Thank Post
    Hello,

about the auth user at copier solution.
    I think its using safecom (a danish product) i think its the old guys from "follow me" and now a xerox product i think you only get the embedded option with the HP copiers (one of the few products to be able to work with HP's)
    I know they are at a few uni's around the country. I have nothing bad to say about HP or the solution apart from maybe its expensive but then i have no idea how much they are charging
    i also sent you a PM with some more info.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Yeah, watch out for Evergreen or you'll get screwed.
    We just legally got ourselves out of the Evergreen onto a fixed 5 year term. After that we will leave them for defo.....if im around to see it.

I cant stress enough to stay well away from Danwood.....like over the hills & across the mountains away!!

Thank Post

evergreen

does anyone have a copy of the evergreen contract terms and conditions?
    would help a lot
    thanks

Thank Post

Danwood - Evergreen

I agree with tech guy and slider - avoid Danwood and particularly their Evergreen or any Danwood Print Management Agreement - like the plague!! At the start they appear like a friendly and helpful company, determined to help you reduce your costs and streamline your copying & printing - but once they have got you trapped in their Evergreen Contract - you will be paying off your liability for the rest of your life!!

We were attracted to them, after completing a Print Audit, and they initially presented us with a less expensive and much more flexible total print management agreement. We are now paying hugely increased monthly/quarterly sums - and we have just discovered that the fixed term of the agreement is still outstanding!!! (another full 5 years)! Having requested a contract termination figure we have been advised that it will be 21 x our current quarterly payment!!!

Can anyone help us get out this mess - can anyone offer us suitable advice? Has anyone out there been successful in escaping their contract without incurring a horrific financial penalty?

Thank Post

Evergreen??

This Evergreen contract pops up frequently.
    What are the ways of ending one of these agreements?
    And does any body have the Ts and Cs for one of these contracts?
    I know someone who is currently trying and cannot get Danwood to come up with original paperwork they keep putting off which keeps extending the period.
    They dont even know when the contract will end.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Podman1 View Post
    I know someone who is currently trying and cannot get Danwood to come up with original paperwork they keep putting off which keeps extending the period.
    They dont even know when the contract will end.

Surely that would be grounds for you to terminate the contract?

Thank Post
    Not that simple when the beancounters cant find the original signed contract, as everyone knows the small print is always on the back or you need a microscope and a law degree to decipher it..
    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast