+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, FAO: Schools in Peterborough using 'safecom' with DANWOOD in Technical; Hi, i am new member and have been reading all your comments on Danwood. I was a Engineer at Danwood ...

Thank Post
    Hi,
    i am new member and have been reading all your comments on Danwood.

I was a Engineer at Danwood for many years and i was always been pulled up by customers about contracts and how much their cost had gone up.Also in small print they will only supply parts for 3 years to fix your copier even though you have a 5 yr lease.
    Yes the Engineers work bloody hard and the pressures of fixing any printer without training deserves a medal!!!
    Like you my standards were high but when you are sent to a call on your Eric device time after time about a machine youve never seen let alone repaired.I got fed up of doing the same routine on machines that i didnt know about.....
    "You enter site, customers going crazy, you cant fix, you call manager,he gives you a series of numbers for you to ring,you order part,you get part,machine still not working" Most Engineers go through this routine everyday and after 10 years of this enough was enough.!!!!!

Thank Post
    intresting to read it from the engineers side

Thank Post

Danwood Woes

Our NHS foundation trust has recently embarked upon a 3 year contract with Danwood.

What we have just discovered is that, because their client is being pushed out to everything on the network, it is on laptops too, and when those laptops are used at home, with someones personal home printer, the trust is being charged per page!!

When we asked the question it took them around 4 weeks to discover the answer, which leads me to suspect they'd not been asked it before, which makes me wonder how many other organisations may be being charged for printing at home.

Thank Post
    Also i'd be intrested to know other organisations costs per sheet, we are charged 5p for black and white and 21p for colour which seems very high

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zahraauk View Post
    Also i'd be intrested to know other organisations costs per sheet, we are charged 5p for black and white and 21p for colour which seems very high
    on what machines?

i've never been part of a danwood contract but we pay less then a penny a sheet for mono on our Ricoh Devices (excluding paper just toner/service)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On our copier contract at my last school, we paid 0.33p per page b&w and 3.6p colour. You're being ripped off with prices like that!

Thank Post
    Jesus!! imo you're being ripped off in a big way.

Thank Post
    Hi Hollylucy

There is a very simple way to get out of this type of agreement & its easier than you might think with no penalties too.

Honesty integity decency & fairplay wins in the end

Regards

Whoarya

Thank Post
    Very interesting indeed lordasb & it is always the best way to see the truth behind the "pitch" & its a challenge working out What's Right for sure

Thank Post
    I can't be sure but I would bet a pound you are looking at the decimal point wrongly and actually being charged half a penny 0.05p for mono and 2.1p which may look like 0.21p on the invoice. Check the copies multipied by the cpc and you will be able to work out exactly what you are paying.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sLiDeR View Post
    ok, where do I start.

BE VERY CAREFULL WITH DANWOOD. In the beginning they good, then comes the rising quarterly bills & they insist they still saving you money.

Check your contract through. Make sure its an OGC contract, then your protected. If your on their EVERGREEN contract your screwed. Thats a never ending contract that you sign every quarter that resets your time limit on the contract...so it becomes a never enjding contract.

I can give you so much more details etc... Just ask...

In a sense, id say stay away if you can, but sounds like you already signed up!!
    ^^ what he said.

SSM

Thank Post
    Sorry to drag this thread up but I am looking for any advice that people can provide on Danwood.

We are a company and the the way I found this site was typing in "Danwood bad" (was going to add experience) in to google. In 2009 we bought two printers off Danwood and paid upfront. Through the negotations the sales person nor any written proposal mentioned anything about signing up to a 5 year agreement. What we asked for is to buy two machines and then have the toners and service/repair support and pay on a cost per page basis.

The contract we signed has in the small print two clauses. Clause 5.3 mentions that after 1 year they can put the unit price we pay up by up to 15% per year. However this same clause mentions that it excludes clause 5.4 which states that they can increase the price per unit due to an factors beyond their control and provide no limits here. So as the contract stands they can literally put the price up to whatever they want. Sure enough after one year the price increased just over 15% and now again in the 3rd year another 15.xx% increase has gone on. In total both increases equate to a 32% increase in two years.

When queried I was told by Danwood that clause 5.4 was the reason. However, we have contacted another company that does exactly what Danwood does and they would be able to offer the exact same service that Danwood are providing but at approximately half the cost. Therefore I think this clearly demonstrates that Danwood are exploiting clause 5.4.

Unwittingly as one of our Directors signed the contract, the tiny small print was overlooked and somehow we have been signed on to a 5 years contract yet only parts and labour for 3 years when we actually own the machines outright and just wanted to have toners and support on a print per copy basis contract.

Any advice would be appreciated particularly on how we can get out of this unfair contract situation?

Many thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    The first rule of copier and printer contracts is, Do not sign a contract with Danwood.
    The second rule is DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH DANWOOD!

Sorry, had to get that one in.

Without seeing the contract it's really hard to say.

However, if it's just an Equipment Service Agreement then you should only need to give 30 days notice to get out of it.

Danwood being Danwood though, they probably have a clause in there somewhere so that this isn't so easy.

If you can't get out of it and they still insist on billing you on a cost per print basis then, if they are a few years old, I would get new printers and just store the two under contract. The theory being that if they are not in use, you can't be billed cost per print. One thing to be careful of is Danwood's minimal billing which may mean that, even if not in use, you have to pay them a minimum of prints.

SSM

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds View Post
    The first rule of copier and printer contracts is, Do not sign a contract with Danwood.
    The second rule is DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH DANWOOD!

Sorry, had to get that one in.

Without seeing the contract it's really hard to say.

However, if it's just an Equipment Service Agreement then you should only need to give 30 days notice to get out of it.

Danwood being Danwood though, they probably have a clause in there somewhere so that this isn't so easy.

If you can't get out of it and they still insist on billing you on a cost per print basis then, if they are a few years old, I would get new printers and just store the two under contract. The theory being that if they are not in use, you can't be billed cost per print. One thing to be careful of is Danwood's minimal billing which may mean that, even if not in use, you have to pay them a minimum of prints.
    It is an Equipment Service Agreement but it says it lasts 60 months from November 2009!!

The printers we bought were expesnive (costing over 10K in total for the two) so we can't put them to one side and not use them.

I have scanned the t&c's and uploaded them as an image.Danwood ESA.jpg
    Last edited by SSM; 19th April 2012 at 04:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi There

I just wondered, I'm assuming you found yourself bound by an "evergreen" contract with Danwood? Did you have any success negotiating out of it?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast