+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RM MAFE core tools uninstall causes error in Technical; I have an RM CC3 network here and have just unallocated "RM MAFE core tools" package which is no longer ...
    Thank Post

RM MAFE core tools uninstall causes error

I have an RM CC3 network here and have just unallocated "RM MAFE core tools" package which is no longer needed but this seems to have broken things a little. After allocation i try to open the RMMC which brings up the error Weblaunch Error: ActiveX component can't create object (429)Also webpages don't display as they should anymore.

I had a google and found information relevant to this which was saying that the MDAC components are corrupt and need re-installing so after checking the version already installed on the station i thought i'd try to install MDAC 2.8 SP1 from the MS website but this just causes a fatal error in setup and doesn't want to continue. I also found reference to dll or ocx files that may have unregistered themselves rather than MDAC. i've tried running regmon and these have flagged some dll's as "not found" but running a regsvr32 on these files just brings up a message saying that the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. I've also read about DCOM components but am kinda losing my way now.

The obvious solution is to rebuild the station but i don't want to do this on 300+ stations. Anyone with any ideas?

I've obviously asked on the RM forum so please don't direct me there. I'm posting here just in case this is a general issue and not RM specific.

Thank Post
    Thats a strange one - I do not recognise that package name at all - just checked my CC3 network and I do not have a package with that name on there. I am fully up to date with all hotfixes, HSP's and SR's - so have no idea what that package is or does or why you have it allocated?

Not much help I know...

Butuz

Thank Post
    Oh just googled and it comes up as Maths Alive Framework Edition - don't have Maths Alive here so that explains that one!

Butuz

Thank Post
    Sorry i wasn't more specific about the application name but was more concerned about the solution to the error than the cause

Thank Post
    I've been playing about re-installing different RM components and found that trying to uninstall, install or repair RM Web Launch brings up an Internal Error 2738 so i googled this and found this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915167 which links to a download of Microsoft Windows Script Host Version 5.6. I downloaded this and installed it and tested RMMC again which this time worked and the pages that didn't display correctly before are now back to normal!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread