+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, bt home hub in Technical; right ive got bt broadband at home. its in my living room (the hub that is) with my pc in ...
    Thank Post

bt home hub

right ive got bt broadband at home. its in my living room (the hub that is) with my pc in the room next door i use a netgear usb wireless adapter. the signal is awful cant understand why any tips?

and to add when i play online via ps3 example being fifa 08 i'll be playing someone and suddenly lose connection? any auggestions why? btw ps3 ive connected via cable to the hub.

im also thinking about getting a netgear router as ive heard they are reliable.

i just want to know if its the actual homehub thats actually a poor device or the fact im too far away from it?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,749 Posts
    What is the straight line distance between your home hub and where you need the signal in the living room?

How thick are your walls (i.e. are you in a modern house with flimsy internal walls, or a very old one with foot thick walls)

What equipment do you have that might interfere with the signal?
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 31st January 2008 at 04:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    right ive got bt broadband at home. its in my living room (the hub that is) with my pc in the room next door i use a netgear usb wireless adapter. the signal is awful cant understand why any tips?

and to add when i play online via ps3 example being fifa 08 i'll be playing someone and suddenly lose connection? any auggestions why? btw ps3 ive connected via cable to the hub.

im also thinking about getting a netgear router as ive heard they are reliable.

i just want to know if its the actual homehub thats actually a poor device or the fact im too far away from it?
    Change/play around with the frequency/channel on your router.

Channels 1,6,11 give best reception normally

Thank Post
    i'm on bt and have no problems, I have a hub plugged into the homehub, which in turn has a pc, xbox and xbox 360 cabled in, wirelessly I have used 3 different laptops at the same time and an ipaq 5550.

In my house the homehub is upstairs and the signal for the wireless comes downstairs directly to the room below for the laptops, but I have managed to walk to the back of my house with the ipaq and still get a signal without any problems.

We live in an old house with thickish walls.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread