+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Network upgrade ballpark costs? in Technical; I've been asked to get some figures for updating our network. At the moment it's a bit of a mess ...
    Thank Post

Network upgrade ballpark costs?

I've been asked to get some figures for updating our network. At the moment it's a bit of a mess - We are RM CC4.2 with physical servers on Windows Server 2003. We would be looking to upgrade to a Vanilla network with Windows Server 2012, with a SAN incorporated into this. We also want to go all-virtual using Hyper-V of similar.

We would require a company to use professional Microsoft-qualified engineers to complete this migration for us, including all set-up costs, labour costs, data migration and configuration of our backups (We have a D2D2T system).

Does anyone know of any companies that could provide this kind of service to us?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hey BassTech,

That sounds right up our street. Feel free to drop me some details via email and we can get the ball rolling!

Luke

3. Thanks to Millgate from:

TheScarfedOne (1st September 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Probably worth starting with the big hitters like Dell. They would be able to perform a service like this for you.

5. Thanks to Norphy from:

TheScarfedOne (1st September 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Plus ones here for Luke at @Millgate, as well as Softcat, and Dell (although their customer service has been shocking lately). Im sure HP and Insight are worth going to as well

7. Thanks to TheScarfedOne from:

Millgate (1st September 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 843 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would question your requirement of a SAN in this day and age. Do you *really* need to spent that much money (they are a HELL of a lot for decent ones) with so much heading towards the cloud? You may need the storage for a year or so, but you would probably find a decent NAS like a Synology 12 bay jobby (DS2413+ for example) with a few big drives might suit you far better in the interim. (May be entirely moot if you're in the sticks and the fastest internet connection you can get is 10Mb!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    I would question your requirement of a SAN in this day and age. Do you *really* need to spent that much money (they are a HELL of a lot for decent ones) with so much heading towards the cloud? You may need the storage for a year or so, but you would probably find a decent NAS like a Synology 12 bay jobby (DS2413+ for example) with a few big drives might suit you far better in the interim. (May be entirely moot if you're in the sticks and the fastest internet connection you can get is 10Mb!)
    I'd be inclined to agree with synaesthesia here. Unless you are hosting a serious amount of virtual machines (as in, a data centre type environment), the need for a SAN I think is questionable.
    We've got a Synology RS2414+ (Synology RS2414+ 48TB 12 Bay NAS 2U Rackmount - Ebuyer) which more than covers our storage needs for the near future.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread