+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, RM Community Connect 4 in Technical; Hi There I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone know of any instructional material for CC4. I've ...

Thank Post

RM Community Connect 4

Hi There

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone know of any instructional material for CC4. I've been working for a school for two weeks and really haven't been given any training on the above.

I know a bit about how stuff happens in MS world, i.e. permissioning, shares, installing software etc, but CC4 eludes me. All I really need to get going, are a few documents on the following:
    - How to install a single bit of software on a single PC
    - What relevance local groups and global group have in RM world etc

For starters, even if someone could tell me accurately what to expand in the left hand pane to drill down, select a PC to install on, then how to select the software to install on it, that would help me enormously. I've not found very much by Googling. Many thanks in advance.

Blink

Thank Post
    There is really nothing special about CC4 it's simply a set of management tools that sit on a windows server and integrate with AD and a Postgres database. Navigating the RM management console should be quite self explanatory really but it maybe best to get the school to book you on one of the training courses before you start fiddling.

rad
    Thank Post
    Send me a pm with your email and I will get back to you tomorrow @Blink

I do have the cc4 course details that I haven't opened since leaving the course!
    I'll do travel to Essex
    Last edited by rad; 23rd June 2014 at 09:50 PM.

Thank Post
    Tallwood_6
    Thanks, I know it's nothing special but there's definitely a way of going about things and once I've accomplished a couple of things successfully, I'll probably learn a lot more about it. I just needed a starting point. As it happens, someone has just offered to show me some of it so I don't feel quite so claustrophobic with it now. Thanks for the advice.
    rad
    Thank you for the offer of the material it's very kind of you. Unfortunately I wont be in Essex for a while, but appreciate the extent of your generosity. I'm quite puzzled as to why there aren't more basic tutorials on Youtube, or just screenshots with a few words of instructions scattered across the web. I thought RM was massive and had a good share of the market. I wasn't expecting the sort of hits you would get if you Googled "creating a group policy in AD" for instance but gosh.. Maybe I'll get good at RMCC eventually and put some stuff out there myself .
    Anyway, thanks guys.
    B

Thank Post
    Easiest way to install software on a single machine is to open locations, then navigate to the machine. Right click on it, select assign, then select the program from the list that appears. I believe there is a search box at the top of the software list, but I'm not near a console at the moment. You can assign to a location the same way, and tick the "copy settings to computers" box to have it install on all machines in that location. Assigning to a location means any machine built in that location will pick up the software automatically, assigning to a single machine will need re-assigning on rebuild.

rad
    Thank Post
    @Blink where are you, I'm in West London?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread