+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Impero Patch Management Query in Technical; Anybody here use Impero's Patch Management? I've spoken to Impero about it and they told me although you can schedule ...
    Thank Post

Question Impero Patch Management Query

Anybody here use Impero's Patch Management?

I've spoken to Impero about it and they told me although you can schedule patches to be installed at a time of your choosing, we would have to manually go around our 750+ computers and manually stop all the software that Impero can update from automatically updating themselves as Impero has no way of disabling them itself.

For us the whole idea of implementing a patch management solution would be to control when the computers update so that the automatic updates that currently occur no longer disrupt lessons by taking a computer out of action as it's spending half a lesson updating for example.

My question for you guys is; if you use Impero's Patch Management solution - how have you disabled the auto-updates? Are there some group policy settings for the likes of iTunes, Acrobat Reader or Flash that can turn autoupdating off?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazza View Post
    Anybody here use Impero's Patch Management?

I've spoken to Impero about it and they told me although you can schedule patches to be installed at a time of your choosing, we would have to manually go around our 750+ computers and manually stop all the software that Impero can update from automatically updating themselves as Impero has no way of disabling them itself.

For us the whole idea of implementing a patch management solution would be to control when the computers update so that the automatic updates that currently occur no longer disrupt lessons by taking a computer out of action as it's spending half a lesson updating for example.

My question for you guys is; if you use Impero's Patch Management solution - how have you disabled the auto-updates? Are there some group policy settings for the likes of iTunes, Acrobat Reader or Flash that can turn autoupdating off?

Thanks
    That is the same of any patch management software. If software has it owns update in it do not know of any third party patch man software that does that ... However you can use Impero to sort this issue. If config file send then use Impero to send it to all machines or reg key use remote command prompt to send it to all the machine.

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,249 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moving to correct forum.

Thank Post
    We've been using it for a while - we've not looked into disabling any local updates, but if you have them checking regularly, that shouldn't be a problem as it should update them before they start prompting... certainly hasn't been here for us that I'm aware of... or if it has, it's been updated within a week and no one's said anything.
    Last edited by RichCowell; 12th June 2014 at 12:11 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread