+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Impero performance in Technical; Finding workload a little low at the moment so picking up random things to try and improve. Impero is wonderful ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries

Impero performance

Finding workload a little low at the moment so picking up random things to try and improve.

Impero is wonderful in classrooms, speed seems to be good, but when data is crossing vlans it's really sluggish.

A direct example, when I'm viewing from a console to a server on a flat network (a primary I look after) the bandwidth monitor will sit around 3000/3500KBps and everything is smooth, even video playback on the console. However here on our more complicated setup it barely touches 1000KBps and access from a machine outside the vlan is often very choppy.
    It's nothing major, nothing dealbreaking but would like to see if I can do something to help it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Finding workload a little low at the moment so picking up random things to try and improve.

Impero is wonderful in classrooms, speed seems to be good, but when data is crossing vlans it's really sluggish.

A direct example, when I'm viewing from a console to a server on a flat network (a primary I look after) the bandwidth monitor will sit around 3000/3500KBps and everything is smooth, even video playback on the console. However here on our more complicated setup it barely touches 1000KBps and access from a machine outside the vlan is often very choppy.
    It's nothing major, nothing dealbreaking but would like to see if I can do something to help it.
    Hi

The first thing I would check is firewalls and routing make sure that got ports open and routes correctly. Also if got multi adapters on your machines rename the main adapter to include name Impero in it (helps with connection finding). See this article Impero - Network and Lab Management Software on correct firewall ports etc

If want I can get support tech to remote in and see if we can do anything.. In IRM we rewrote the remote control and routing completely and so got some very fancy tech going on to help with complex network situations..

Russell
    Last edited by russdev; 5th June 2014 at 09:04 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread