+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Trouble with Intel Driver on CC4 Network in Technical; Morning, I have a stubborn Intel VGA driver which wont install on some evaluation workstations. We have the extracted driver, ...

Thank Post

Trouble with Intel Driver on CC4 Network

Morning,

I have a stubborn Intel VGA driver which wont install on some evaluation workstations.

We have the extracted driver, imported to the build area by pointing the correct .inf file I have also tried for the first time pointing the non extracted setup.exe to the build area and referencing the workstation on the network. Every rebuild there is just a standard VGA adapter. The last refresh our 3rd line managed to create a CC4 package and we then duly pushed it out to all the workstations and that then worked. However IIRC it was a bit more than firing up a clean machine, installing the driver and taking a snapshot with Winstaller LE.

With near 400 machines looming, I do not wish to manually point the driver on each machine during the build process and was wondering if anyone has been successful and has a quick step by step process to their success that they could share?

Regards,

Andy

Thank Post
    Which OS are you building your machines to? Does the driver not get updated when it searches for updates at the end of the build? I believe our build image has fairly old intel vga drivers which are updated automatically at the end of the build, perhaps you should try importing an older driver version and letting it auto update maybe?

Thank Post
    By chance would this be the Intel HD 4000 series?

We did the same on our test machine, rebuilt several times, driver installed fine....... come to build a batch of machines and the driver refuses to install during the build process. As this was only for 30 computers I decided to install manually and fix the issue at a later date.

Thank Post
    @Techykev - This will be deployed across a W7 32bit platform for the moment. It seems to ignore every VGA driver in the build area..
    @mdrabble - Three years ago we had the HD4000 and that was sorted by our 3rd line creating a CC3 or CC4 package and importing it in. I know it was a bit more complex than just snapshotting the install....

Thank Post
    We have done this a lot recently as we keep buying different laptops :-)
    It's not difficult when you get you head round it, don't use exe files, get the inf's if you can't find any online run the setup and look in you temp directories for newly extracted files, copy them, cancel the setup and add them to you rmmc.
    Also ensure all of patches are upto date from RM as the latest winstall they use is 3 I believe.
    Also make sure you go into the driver properties in rmmc and verify that it actually things it's a video card driver, you can also assign these manually. Hope that's helps

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,729 Times in 2,308 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How was the base image created and did the base image have intel GPU drivers in it to start with? Intel drivers are terrible and sometimes don't strip out fully in the sysprep process and can cause all sorts of trouble. I do generic images in a VM with no additional drivers added to get around this then the intel drivers seem a lot happier when they are not tripping over themselves.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread