+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Installing Digi blue 2 on cc3 network help! in Technical; Hi We are trying to install the software for our v2 digital blue cameras on our cc3 netwrok. The package ...

Thank Post

Installing Digi blue 2 on cc3 network help!

Hi
    We are trying to install the software for our v2 digital blue cameras on our cc3 netwrok. The package appears to have installed and rolled out, but when teacher or student users try it, it tells them they dont have administrator privileges. I have made a hash file rule to hopefully make cc3 allow the software to run, but no luck. Digi blue dont make a cc3 msi, nor do rm as they say digi blue wont let them, they also say it is a very difficult package to create. Has anyone managed to get this working and if so could you please tell me how? Cheers for reading!

Thank Post

Re: Installing Digi blue 2 on cc3 network help!

I had a really annoying problem whereby I had to image 40 laptops and they were to use Digital Blue. I set up a laptop it all worked fine and then imaged the other 39 from it.

Once renamed on the domain no students could use the cameras, I had to login to every laptop as domain admin and plug a camera in, 10 seconds later it installed itself again and everything was fine :/ Would have been ok if its wasnt 40 individual machines.

I'm totaly confused as to why Digital Blue seems so popular, its total crap, the stop motion animation might be some use but in my opinion schools would be far better off with a couple of decent digital cameras (actually usefull for other things) and some premiere elements licenses. I can only assume its to jump through hoops for exam boards.

richard

Got 10 of the things at my school and had to roll out the software onto some 40 odd pc's and 12 laptops and was a complete nightmare. By the way you should be aware that the software creates avi files using the Indeo codec that cannot be played over a network unless you use Media Player Classic.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by georgebush
    I'm totaly confused as to why Digital Blue seems so popular, its total crap, .
    Same goes for the bloody microscopes. A gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by georgebush
    Once renamed on the domain no students could use the cameras, I had to login to every laptop as domain admin and plug a camera in, 10 seconds later it installed itself again and everything was fine :/ Would have been ok if its wasnt 40 individual machines.
    Don't forget each USB port to.

I tend to install Digi Blues on individual PCs, makes supporting them that bit easier. Another option is to indeed go down the digital camera route.

I have just purchased a number of these with mini tri-pods rather than Digi Blues.

Pros:

Twice the image quality for video (640x480 vs 320x240)

Records more video. Approx 30mins at 320 vs Digi Blues 6

Larger screen 2.5" vs 1"

Simple image transfer. Just plug in and use like a USB Stick.

Better build quality.

£30.00 cheaper.

Can use as a normal camera too.

Cons :

No Movie creator software. But most things cane be done with windows movie maker.

Small children would need to use use both hands.

I feel that the pros outweigh the cons. When making video you can just drag the individual avi files into movie maker to edit. As for stop frame animation, again using movie maker just import you folder of pictures, and your done. Animation in nice 6MP quality.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread