+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, IMPERO - Anyone use Win8.1? - Incorrect staff members being put in Log viewer in Technical; We have all our students in 4 Houses and so in 4 different security groups. In Impero when we setup ...

Thank Post

IMPERO - Anyone use Win8.1? - Incorrect staff members being put in Log viewer

We have all our students in 4 Houses and so in 4 different security groups.

In Impero when we setup a new house group and then link the AD group to it everything is fine apart from when we go to the log viewer.
    When In the log viewers it shows all the students in that house but ALSO shows myself and my tech! We are not and have never been in these groups.

Impero suggested corrupt AD groups... I went along and manually recreated the house groups and it still happened with the new AD groups. (it also happens with other AD groups so im pretty sure they aren't all corrupt)

We are the only 2 that get mixed in these groups and also we are the only ones in the school on windows 8.1 ?
    We also appear in the logs on Windows 7 machines when they view the logs.

Bug?

log.png
    Last edited by burgemaster; 13th March 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burgemaster View Post
    We have all our students in 4 Houses and so in 4 different security groups.

In Impero when we setup a new house group and then link the AD group to it everything is fine apart from when we go to the log viewer.
    When In the log viewers it shows all the students in that house but ALSO shows myself and my tech! We are not and have never been in these groups.

Impero suggested corrupt AD groups... I went along and manually recreated the house groups and it still happened with the new AD groups. (it also happens with other AD groups so im pretty sure they aren't all corrupt)

We are the only 2 that get mixed in these groups and also we are the only ones in the school on windows 8.1 ?
    We also appear in the logs on Windows 7 machines when they view the logs.

Bug?

log.png
    Not seen anything like that before/ Shouldn't make any difference if on 8.1 and what you appear in. If let support know not down to AD groups I am sure they can help but give me a pm if need any help.

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanks. With support today we found that this only happens when the domain information is filled in in the server.

We have left that section empty but I still don't quite trust that our machines will appear for other users. We are the only two this happens for and the only two on win8.1

I will setup and test on a third 8.1 machine Monday. We are also on server 2012..

Thanks again

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread