+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Impero Education Pro question - No suppliers please! in Technical; Originally Posted by DaveP Also their impatience means that if the station is in the process of waking up they ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Also their impatience means that if the station is in the process of waking up they will often reset the station. Why? I really don't know! I just wish they would not.
    I know that exact feeling!

I'm probably not reading the Impero report correctly then, it seemed to suggest to me that over the last month you hadn't used Standby that much (or your machines hadn't entered standby which I might have expected to be higher). I could also be completely out on my expected power consumption amounts and confusing the bottom numbers and savings! It's interesting as it is a fairly hot topic here at the moment too and with my rather unscientific measuring I didn't get any (noticable) difference in power consumption between standby and shutdown.

Thanks for replying though!
    Last edited by Cache; 19th May 2014 at 08:11 PM.

2. Thanks to Cache from:

russdev (21st May 2014)

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    I know that exact feeling!

I'm probably not reading the Impero report correctly then, it seemed to suggest to me that over the last month you hadn't used Standby that much (or your machines hadn't entered standby which I might have expected to be higher). I could also be completely out on my expected power consumption!

Thanks for replying though!
    Looking at the report I can see what you mean. I hadn't thought about it that way and I hadn't spotted it. I have seen some [a few] of our stations not getting all of their policy settings [Printers, IE settings etc] and I was investigating why that was. Perhaps the standby issue you have highlighted here is somehow related to that? If I find out more I will post updates here.

4. Thanks to DaveP from:

russdev (21st May 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd be interested to hear any updates you have.

6. Thanks to Cache from:

russdev (21st May 2014)

Thank Post
    Do you have to specify what you pay per unit of electricity, to get the cost savings, or does it use its own figure?

8. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

russdev (21st May 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    That's a nice interesting picture.....

Can I ask, taking your previous comment before and the picture above - do you disable standby on your machines? If you do is it for any particular reason? (I'm just being nosey)
    How many computers is that @DaveP?

10. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

russdev (21st May 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    How many computers is that @DaveP?
    An inexact figure: 500 or so.

Edit: I just saw your other reply [Oops]

Do you have to specify what you pay per unit of electricity, to get the cost savings, or does it use its own figure?
    It does have a default value it is set at but you can alter it as required.
    Last edited by DaveP; 20th May 2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Add detail to the post.

12. Thanks to DaveP from:

russdev (21st May 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As an update to my previous reply you can customize the energy costs before generating the report:

14. Thanks to DaveP from:

russdev (21st May 2014)

IGB

Thank Post
    We've used Impero for a couple of years now and I've put on almost 2 stone!
    That should tell you that most of the fixes that I had to run to the classrooms to complete can now be accomplished from my desk.
    Impero support is probably one of the best supports I've come across and if you have an idea of something that could be added, it gets added to the suggestions list and you get a notification if/when it's been added to an update.
    I have to agree with someone earlier in the thread though, it would be handy if there was a notification of new updates to the Server/Console as we only seem to get them if I report an issue, then the techies will say we can release V.*.*.** to you which should sort that issue out but I never seem to get a notification to say, we have updates available that address XYZ problems etc.
    From a classroom management POV it's a very good and intuitive tool which allows the teachers to almost teach themselves how to use it.
    However from a techie POV, we lost a team member to exams last year and without Impero I don't things that we would have survived the work load that we have accomplished in the last 12 months had it not been for Impero.
    Like others, we don't use its full functionality, we had PaperCut before Impero and we're sticking with it as it integrates so nicely with our MFD release stations that we lease, we regularly view the logs when asked by teachers to see if someone has visited certain sites, created documents etc etc.
    If I was told tomorrow that our Impero subscription is not to be renewed, I would probably smile, laugh, cry then collapse in a heap of jelly just before the guys in white coats came to settle me in for the future into my nice new padded room.
    No, I have no affiliation to Impero, I'm nothing more than a grateful customer and all I can do is recommend the product highly.

Thank Post
    Within the server application there is the tab that shows the updates and versions that are released that can be requested. It also shows fixes and new features.

IGB

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    Within the server application there is the tab that shows the updates and versions that are released that can be requested. It also shows fixes and new features.
    Indeed it does Timbo, however I don't tend to logon to the server very often, in fact I would say that I log into the support forum more often than the server. A simple email telling me that there was an upgrade available could possibly remind me to go and have a look at what issues it deals with, after all, I am the first point of contact for Impero within our establishment.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    Indeed it does Timbo, however I don't tend to logon to the server very often, in fact I would say that I log into the support forum more often than the server. A simple email telling me that there was an upgrade available could possibly remind me to go and have a look at what issues it deals with, after all, I am the first point of contact for Impero within our establishment.
    I asked earlier in the thread if there could be update emails - no answer. For whatever reason I don't think Impero want this to happen, which is up to them, but I'd be interested in knowing why such a helpful customer update wasn't a good idea.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for no reply I missed this. Yes is good idea and with new marketing system implemented we should be able to do this.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can say I did see the post and made sure we passed it on to right people. My fault for not replying direct...

Thank Post
    Something we came across today was students discovering that typing about:NoAdd-ons into the IE address bar disabled filtering. Have put new rules in place to hopefully put a stop to it but worth being aware of it if you weren't before.

Thank Post
    Where is this??

Just check our Impero Education Pro and couldn't see Power Management or Reports?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    As an update to my previous reply you can customize the energy costs before generating the report:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast