russdev (9th February 2014)
Has anyone else experienced issues recently when trying to access Learn to code | Codecademy Online Tutorials courses, specifically the python ones on a workstation running Impero v4?
We have found that on workstations that have Impero set to filter all web browsers, the course page gets a "Trying to Connect" and "Not Connected" message flashing at the top, and if we switch to only filtering the Internet Explorer option via BHO plugin, then that message disappears but it sits 95% of the time with the loading icon in the centre of the screen.
If we use Chrome when it's just IE10 being filtered then the site works fine, but then the little darlings will be able to access any site the teacher decides to block in the lesson since the BHO doesn't care about Chrome, Powerpoint etc.
I have raised this issue with Impero but it worked fine on the support technicians machine.
I've tried adding both the site and the IP address that it loads the JSON into Impero's master whitelist with no luck.
On a workstation with Impero disabled it's fine so we know it's related somehow.
I cant get on it either, if that helps?
Let me know if need anymore help with this..
We've not made any more progress so far at our end other than identifying the issues as the ImperoProxy.
Our solution is either to wait and hope that the next version of Impero does not block it (which is strange since it was fine with 4.23 until 3 weeks ago) or switch the rooms to the BHO and only filter IE which is not ideal =/
I'm waiting to hear from the teaching staff of what they wish to do as they might decide to just forget about the site altogether.
Having the same issue as stated above, using Impero 4 and Chrome with filtering on.
Anyone make any progress with this at all?
We've made no progress, but so far we've just stopped using the website for now.
I wish my IT teachers were that forgiving
Time to phone Impero!
If you get a solution, see if they want to share it as I'm sure our staff would like to use the site again, but just using BHO mode is a non starter for us =(
Unfortunately, the only resolution I was given was to disable the filtering on a room when request...
I have set up the rules on the student user group, set the priority to medium and then duplicated the rules (apart from the filtering rule) onto the room of computers and set the priority to low, whenever they want to use it I can just set the room priority to high and they should be OK.
Not really a solution, just a workaround, I asked if it were likely to be resolved but they said no..
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)