+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, classroombookings user help in Technical; I imported new users and found that the passwords all would not work since they were only 4 characters long. ...
    Thank Post

classroombookings user help

I imported new users and found that the passwords all would not work since they were only 4 characters long. In an effort to fix this I went to delete the users and deleted my administrator account. Now I can not log into the management console but can get to PHPmyadmin. Unfortunately the passwords there are encoded with a non-standard hash so I can not change the password of one of the other administrator users to enable me to get in. Help!

Was going SO smooth until this happened.

Thanks,
    Dave

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dave

Sorry you encountered that problem! The passwords are currently just stored using a SHA1 hash, so you should be able to do this within phpMyAdmin - just choose sha1 from the field function dropdown list. If that doesn't work, run this bit of SQL:

Code:
    INSERT INTO `users` (`user_id`, `school_id`, `department_id`, `username`, `firstname`, `lastname`, `email`, `password`, `authlevel`, `displayname`, `ext`, `lastlogin`, `enabled`, `created`) VALUES
    (NULL, 1, 0, 'admin', '', '', 'admin@example.com', '5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8', 1, 'Administrator', '', '2014-01-08 22:02:00', 1, '2014-01-08');
    It will create a user with a username of admin and a password of password.

Thank Post
    Thanks webman...saw the code that is supposed to not let you delete the user that you are logged in with...but that didn't factor in the fact that I was logged in on another machine! Since there were no bookings yet, I ended up re-installing and then importing a copy of the database. All good now.
    Very impressed with the application so far and hope to have it up and running in test mode soon. In your configuration directions for bulk csv importing of users it shows email address as one of the fields. Does the program email the teacher and/or administrator notification of the booking and if so, how do you manage that aspect?

Thanks,
    Dave

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Excellent, glad you're sorted with that now

The system does not send any emails at the moment for anything. So, when a booking is made - that is it - it's in the system on that period, room and day/date. It can then only be removed by the person who created it, the designated room owner, or an administrator.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread