+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Impero proxy and Google Chrome not playing nice in Technical; We're running Chrome 27.0.1453.116 and Impero v3.5.05. When the "Only filter Internet Explorer web traffic (disable the internal Impero Proxy)" ...
    Thank Post

Impero proxy and Google Chrome not playing nice

We're running Chrome 27.0.1453.116 and Impero v3.5.05.
    When the "Only filter Internet Explorer web traffic (disable the internal Impero Proxy)" workstation setting is enabled, we have no problems.
    After disabling this, users are complaining that occasionally they are receiving a dialog box saying that the page isn't responding with an option to either kill the page or wait. Waiting has no effect, the dialog box reappears after a few moments.
    On my Console machine, I have been unable to reproduce this, but I've seen it happen on user machines while I've been watching them with Impero's remote screen viewer.
    "Disabling the internal Impero Proxy" fixes the issue, but this is not a good solution.

This occurs on machines with and without antivirus, so have ruled that out.
    Any ideas?

2. Thanks to StrangeOpossum from:

russdev (14th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Any reason you haven't updated to version 4 ? they might have fixed any bugs in new version. We find the support is very good so log a call and they will remote in to investigate.

4. 2 Thanks to xenonive:

russdev (14th October 2013), StrangeOpossum (13th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonive View Post
    Any reason you haven't updated to version 4 ? they might have fixed any bugs in new version. We find the support is very good so log a call and they will remote in to investigate.
    All the download links on the page link to v3505. It does say Latest Version Available: 4010 but the downloads are for v3, possible bug on the download page? (If anyone could supply me with the MSIs for v4 so I can get this done tomorrow or Tuesday morning, that would be great.)

I will contact support, but I posted on here first to see if any fellow forum members have the same issue or possibly a fix.
    Last edited by StrangeOpossum; 13th October 2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Updated

Thank Post
    Are you in the UK ? I had email to say version 4 was released and I phoned support and they released the upgrade to me . I think roll out to other part of world depends on resellers . Current version is 4.013

7. 2 Thanks to xenonive:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonive View Post
    Are you in the UK ? I had email to say version 4 was released and I phoned support and they released the upgrade to me . I think roll out to other part of world depends on resellers . Current version is 4.013
    Yeah, I'm in the UK - Ipswich in Suffolk to be precise.
    You wouldn't happen to have the client/server MSIs, would you? If you're able to PM them to me, I can drop them on a USB stick and try them in the morning.

Thank Post
    I do have the msi files but would be quicker for you phone support in morning as you can't activate the server upgrade without them turning it on their end . I'm just down road in Colchester small world .

10. 2 Thanks to xenonive:

Thank Post
    Small world indeed.
    The internet connection is hit and miss at the moment on the network up there at the moment - waiting for that to get sorted out, ISP issues which I can't really do much about. That's why I'd like to get the msi files tonight, before I go there in the morning, so I don't have to wait an age for them to download and can just ask support to activate it for me - so if you could upload them for me, please do, that would save me a lot of time when I get around to doing them

12. Thanks to StrangeOpossum from:

russdev (14th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeOpossum View Post
    Small world indeed.
    The internet connection is hit and miss at the moment on the network up there at the moment - waiting for that to get sorted out, ISP issues which I can't really do much about. That's why I'd like to get the msi files tonight, before I go there in the morning, so I don't have to wait an age for them to download and can just ask support to activate it for me - so if you could upload them for me, please do, that would save me a lot of time when I get around to doing them

Hi

I think instead of getting msi here. I would suggest you just call support and explain that can't upgrade yet and they can get MSI to you.

Main reasons are first you don't know what version of V4 @xenonive is currently on.

Also if have problems then support will probably suggest that uninstall and reinstall from an official download. Also if want to use Impero auto update clients feature then MSI won't help you anyway.

As said support can sort it so that can download msi files first. Alternately you could if you have remote access turn off automatic updates on Impero server and then they ask us to release it to your site so downloads ready.

As for chrome issue done some work on the Impero proxy in V4 so suspect issue will be solved if upgrade.

Russell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread