+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, How long to keep ex pupil work in Technical; We do a full backup every night as it is, so we simply keep the end of July tape as ...

Thank Post

Re: How long to keep ex pupil work

We do a full backup every night as it is, so we simply keep the end of July tape as an end of year tape, and remove the accounts and work around now. Accounts are disabled as soon as the leave thou. We might also keep a copy on DVD this year for the first time, as it's easy and quick to do, that way the backup becomes just that. We also purge old staff accounts at the end of every year, and do the same thing with their home folders.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts

Burn all to DVD and then put in safe for a good number of years.

Thank Post

Many thanks for all the replies. You have answered my main concern about any legal issues.
    BTW

You guys from Australia, I hope to move down there again in 3 years time, just got to wait for my little one to grow up a little. Came back from Perth (November last year) beautiful place but to many English (even though I am one). We love and lived in Coogee Sydney. Hope to get back there.

Thanks again

Thank Post

We tell them all to take a backup of their own work before they leave. We keep the home directory open till the end of the summer break, disable the accounts at the start of the new school year and after Christmas we delete the accounts, home directories and all.

We usually have a full backup of everything taken at the start of the summer break which is kept for a year.

Thank Post

We tend to leave the previous year 13's and year 11's accounts in a seperate leavers OU, with all their work intact, till about this time of year, when any students that have come back for whatever reason have done so

Ive got the last couple of years of leavers work on a hard drive somewhere, will burn to DVD at some point, but I dont specifically keep them for any length of time

Thank Post

I've yet to find anything worth keeping. However, it all goes onto a DVD for each year group, which goes to the Head of Year

Thank Post

Keep leavers work for 12 months and then delete.

User accounts are disabled the day they leave.

Thank Post

Finally got a response from my "enquiries", hopefully this also helps. Although it is still classically nebulous as this sort of information tends to be.

Dear Mr.Condon

Thank you for your e-mail message dated 25 October 2007, which was received by the JCQ Office.

The JCQ publication Instructions for conducting coursework/portfolios - 1 September 2007 to 31 August 2008 deals with the retention of candidates' coursework. Page 15, Section 25, Return of Work to Centres, paragraph 25.2, states that 'centres are required to retain candidates' marked coursework, whether or not it was part of the moderation sample, under secure conditions until all possibility of enquiries about results has been exhausted. Where retention is a problem, because of the nature of coursework/portfolio work, some form of evidence (e.g. photographic, audio taped or videotaped) must be available. Centres are requested to keep a record of the examination numbers and names of those candidates whose work is included in the sample sent to or seen by moderators. This information may be required if there are enquiries about results at a later date. In the case of e-coursework, protection from corruption should also be taken into account'.

I trust that this information may be of some assistance to you.

Yours sincerely
    Nick Lait
    Servicing Officer
    JCQ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The daft thing about that is that an extra sentence or two would have made it completely clear!

I'm pretty sure that "until all possibility of enquiries about results has been exhausted" is actually defined. For example, if you want to query a GCSE result you have to appeal within a certain time (think it's 2 months but I'm sure there is a deadline). There will then be a time defined after that in which the board must respond and so on. This means that it's possible to add up all those times and get a final date after which "all possibility of enquiries about results has been exhausted" and you no longer need to keep the stuff!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by rrichmond
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease
    cool, Off Topic but I lived in Brisbane for 12 years.
    That where I am. I work at Redlands College. Where were you from?
    I lived in Goodna, with my Family, we came back to England though My Grandad used to run Parkhaven.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12