+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, classroombookings. Installation help. in Technical; I've been given the task of setting up a classroom booking system and came across classroombookings by @ webman . ...

Thank Post

classroombookings. Installation help.

I've been given the task of setting up a classroom booking system and came across classroombookings by @webman. Iíve downloaded version 1.01 today but Iím unsure as to how I go about setting this up. The instructions on the website say ďEnsure that the web server, PHP and relevant modules, and MySQL are installed, enabled and configured.Ē Iíve got no experience with any of these and was hoping someone could help. I want to install it on a server that has Windows Server 2008 R2. Can I use IIS to set this up and if so, what do I need to do? How do I set up PHP and what are the relevant modules? Iíve downloaded MySQL using this link: MySQL :: Download MySQL Installer I then chose to set it up as a server. Is this correct?

GTX

Thank Post
    personally I would setup a VM with Cent-OS on it. I find windows a lot harder to host things then linux

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi lebowskii_98, thanks for taking the time to look at Classroombookings.

I haven't installed or tested it under IIS, but it should work. I think the best resource now for PHP and IIS is the official place - php.iis.net. For MySQL - yes, you will need the MySQL server installer - the "mysql-installer-web-community" will probably be better. You won't need all the extras for Excel or Visual Studio and the like.

For creating the database and username, you might be able to do this using the Workbench tool that can be installed with MySQL server, or you could use a free third-party app like HeidiSQL.

Hope that's helpful!

Craig.

Thank Post
    Thanks Craig. I've managed to get PHP working through IIS following your advice and this website: How to Install PHP on IIS 7 for Windows Server 2008. I had already installed SQL using the method you suggested and created a new database following the instructions on your website. However, I'm getting a "404 Page Not Found" error message when loading http:..../classroombookings/index.php in a web browser. If I edit the index.php and change the application_folder location I get a message "The configuration file config.php does not exist.". This would suggest that the index.php file is working as it can't locate the config file. Do you know what might be causing the "404 Page Not Found" error message? I've checked and I think I've followed your instructions for editing the config.php file correctly as well as the database.php.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi

OK, I've had a little play around with it on IIS, and found a combination of settings that might work.

Edit the config.php file. Make sure your base_url value is set to the web server's host and URL where classroombookings will be. The value for index_page should be index.php. Next, a few lines down, you should change the uri_protocol entry to look like this:

Code:
    $config['uri_protocol'] = 'PATH_INFO';

Please give them a go and report back

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've changed the config file as suggested and now when I load the website I get a blank page. If you've run out of ideas as to why it's not working then don't worry as I can always create our booking system using Google calendars instead. Thanks for your help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread