+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Rm Cc4.3 recycle bin in Technical; Does anyone have the RM recycle bin enabled? If so I would like more information if you may Can you ...
    rad
    Thank Post

Rm Cc4.3 recycle bin

Does anyone have the RM recycle bin enabled? If so I would like more information if you may

Can you limit the size of files stored in the recycle bin and set a duration as to how long they are kept there?

Are they stored in the users profile or elsewhere?

Do you find users use it or do they rely on it saving you from going to the backup tapes?

I am sure more questions, we are debating this at the moment but don't want to do so in case it causes issues elsewhere.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Does anyone have the RM recycle bin enabled? If so I would like more information if you may

Can you limit the size of files stored in the recycle bin and set a duration as to how long they are kept there?

Do you find users use it or do they rely on it saving you from going to the backup tapes?

I am sure more questions, we are debating this at the moment but don't want to do so in case it causes issues elsewhere.
    Yes you can limit the size and yes you can set a duration. Anything bigger than XX can just be immediately trashed, from what I recall. I can double check for you but I'm pretty sure that is how ours is set up.

They're not stored in the profile but the space used by files in the RM Recycle Bin does count towards a users total storage.

Can't say whether or not they use it. We haven't restored anything from backup recently, but at the same we've come across users with no disk space left and a full recycle bin so it may be they don't use it, as they don't empty it. I have used it though and it's a good thing to have in the background when you do accidentally delete the wrong file.

3. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

rad (14th May 2013)

Thank Post

You choose what maximum size in MB and how long the duration is kept in days.

I don't think they are stored within the user profile, but if you are using Quota management it will count towards the users quota.

The biggest problem is with it, is that users can only restore one file at a time - if they were to accidently delete a folder then it would take a while to restore everything. I must admit though, our students are pretty much self help now unless the file isn't no longer in the recycle bin i.e. they deleted it prior to our 7 days retainment policy and I then have to restore via our own backup.

If you have any further questions then fire away, we ran it through the fieldtrial and the reported issues we said - slowness deleting files, issues with burning files to disk have been resolved in the final release.

5. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

rad (14th May 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread